Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need your opinion

Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
FullDraw02 is on a distinguished road
FullDraw02's Tacoma Gallery
Need your opinion

thinking about getting a cold air intake for 2009 tacoma... what are the pros and cons>? also what company makes the best cold air intake?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
theres no hard evidence for much increased horsepower and the cons would be water induction
the only people that make an actual cold air intake is URD and install requires a little trimming
i own a K&N intake, sounds great when u get on it and im measuring around 1 mpg more
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD intake showed a little gain when I tested it...The rest, for the most part, were within the error margin of the dyno.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
There really is no gain when installing one except people who know shit about engines and intakes will ooh and awe at it...and it sounds nice when you step on it.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
buy 100% Kona coffee.
RZL is on a distinguished road
RZL's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have one but I have heard quite a few guys say they like the improved sound too much and they step on it all the time, thus decreasing MPG; I think I would have the same problem. If you can avoid the temptation you might gain a couple MPG and a couple HP.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
after the intial awe of it i havent been stomping the peddle and am getting an avg of 20 mpg in my DC shortbed 2wd but when u need to get on the highway quick, damn it sounds nice i do not regret it at all