Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cold Air Intake???

Old 06-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
JK4 is on a distinguished road
JK4's Tacoma Gallery
Cold Air Intake???

I have a 2009 Tacoma V6 4.0 Liter Double Cab

I am getting a Cold Air Intake and I have narrowed it down to 2 different brands

1) AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake- $286

2) TRD Cold Air Intake- $365

Both are in my price range so which one should I get???

Here are the links:

http://www.tonnocover.com/Cold_Air_I...762.html#order

http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/prod...roducts_id=703
Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
TRD. You get warranty coverage, and it's always hard to beat a nameplate's in-house tuning shop for compatibility and hassle free usage of whatever part you're getting.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't those basically the same intake anyway?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
I think you're thinking about the TRD and the afe stage 2 SI cai. I think afe makes the trd one.
Yup you were spot on, I read it as AFE Brute ...
Old 06-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
I used to confuse the two all the time bc the names are so similar. I thought they were the same company for a while. lol
Thats how I used to be with OME suspension and OEM suspension haha