Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance Upgrades Help

Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #61
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Do you like your Y-pipe better than URD's Y-pipe?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #62
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Do you like your Y-pipe better than URD's Y-pipe?
URD Y-pipe was high quality. I loved it. I bought the Pipebomb after installing the Long tube Headers beacause it was just too loud. But the pipe bomb did more for me than quite down the exaust with it's built in resonator's. It actually would promote an anoying sound at 2800-3000 rpm. Could not endure it, so I put back on my stock y-pipe fabed w/Cats removed until I can get ahold of another stock Y, or weld in some High flow Cats.

If you are going to run DTLT Headers, keep your stock Y. JBA shorties will sound good with URD Y-pipe. Pipe bomb, just dont meet the mark, compared to the quality of the URD. IMO...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #63
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
URD Y-pipe was high quality. I loved it. I bought the Pipebomb after installing the Long tube Headers beacause it was just too loud. But the pipe bomb did more for me than quite down the exaust with it's built in resonator's. It actually would promote an anoying sound at 2800-3000 rpm. Could not endure it, so I put back on my stock y-pipe fabed w/Cats removed until I can get ahold of another stock Y, or weld in some High flow Cats.

If you are going to run DTLT Headers, keep your stock Y. JBA shorties will sound good with URD Y-pipe. Pipe bomb, just dont meet the mark, compared to the quality of the URD. IMO...
So you got a pipe bomb or the one with resonators? I'm confused by that post.

I really don't want to spend $500 on a Y-Pipe. I'd spend 250-300 though. So are you saying I shouldn't do that DT Y-Pipe?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #64
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
So you got a pipe bomb or the one with resonators? I'm confused by that post.

I really don't want to spend $500 on a Y-Pipe. I'd spend 250-300 though. So are you saying I shouldn't do that DT Y-Pipe?
Pipe Bomb has the resonators on it. I personally did not like the sound of the pipebomb w/DTLT Headers during WOT on my truck.

If you are not installing DTLT's, pipebomb should be fine. The URD on the other hand is worth the extra cash over the pipebomb.

The saying is, you get what you pay for...

But just be warned, if you go with a Catless Y-pipe, and then DTLT's, the sound might be more than you could endure.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #65
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
So DT shortie headers should sound ok with a aftermarket Y-pipe.

Do the shorties give more low rpm power and long tubes give more high rpm power, as I read on another site?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #66
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Pipe Bomb has the resonators on it. I personally did not like the sound of the pipebomb w/DTLT Headers during WOT on my truck.

If you are not installing DTLT's, pipebomb should be fine. The URD on the other hand is worth the extra cash over the pipebomb.

The saying is, you get what you pay for...

But just be warned, if you go with a Catless Y-pipe, and then DTLT's, the sound might be more than you could endure.
Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQIi8HOO_I

Would there be a better power gain with the URD over the DT?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #67
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
In that video, the Y-pipe did not sound too loud or distinct. roxspin72 has a video of his truck and the ypipe sounded bad.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #68
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In that video, the Y-pipe did not sound too loud or distinct. roxspin72 has a video of his truck and the ypipe sounded bad.
Find it for me?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #69
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
I can't copy it, he sent it to me in a PM. Ask him to post.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #70
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
So DT shortie headers should sound ok with a aftermarket Y-pipe.

Do the shorties give more low rpm power and long tubes give more high rpm power, as I read on another site?

Yup...

Here is a clip when I had JBA shorties w/URD Competition Y-pipe:

Not that great, hope it helps. JBA w/URD Y-pipe had nice rumble.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #71
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Find it for me?
DTLT/pipebomb/Resonator in front of Borla muffler...

One thing you got to remember is, videos dont represent the 100% true sound.

The pipe bomb is hit and miss IMO...
Old 07-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #72
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
That does sound nice. I wonder how the JBA shorties compare to the DT shorties....
Old 07-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #73
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQIi8HOO_I

Would there be a better power gain with the URD over the DT?
I wonder if those are the long tube headers or the shorties in the video above?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #74
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
I wonder if those are the long tube headers or the shorties in the video above?
LT's...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #75
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Ok now I think I will get LT headers and DT exhaust and use my stock y-pipe. I liked the sound in the video without the pipe bombs better.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #76
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone find a video of a tacoma with just a DT Y-Pipe or better TRD exhaust with the DT Y-Pipe.