Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance Upgrades Help

Old 06-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Upgrades Help

I WANT MORE POWER!!!

I'm running now...
TRD CAI
TRD CB Exhaust
URD MAF Sensor Calibrator

I have been thinking about the Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers for sometime now but I don't know if ~$600 too the door is worth it.

I've heard 28 rwhp is gained and that sounds like a lot to me but do you really feel that much of a gain?

Also what else performance wise is out there for a Normally Aspirated engine. I don't want to turbo or S/C.

How about new pulleys? Will those do anything? I know absolutely nothing about them.

I feel like there are a lot of people that might be in the same boat as me that might like to have an answer to this as well.

Thanks everyone.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
go for the headers. and if you really want some serious gain. get a S/C later on. but i think headers would do wonders for ya.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
go for the headers. and if you really want some serious gain. get a S/C later on. but i think headers would do wonders for ya.
I'm complaining about $600 lol. Needless to say the S/C is way out of the price range. I want one real bad though.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
You arent going to get too much more out of it without forced induction
Old 06-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
You arent going to get too much more out of it without forced induction
How about a 2jz swap?????? That's a joke but could be awesome.

What about jax x-runner? Isn't he running 13's N/A?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post

I have been thinking about the Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers for sometime now but I don't know if ~$600 too the door is worth it.

no totally worth it long tubed headers with a test pipe whoa so much much power gain.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How about a 2jz swap??????
Fuck ya, go for it!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well yeah man, its all about how much money your willing to shell out.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white+Peal View Post
no totally worth it long tubed headers with a test pipe whoa so much much power gain.
At the risk of sounding retarded... what's a test pipe?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I found those pulleys. Who has NST pulleys? And were they worth it?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #11

i believe that pulleys will only aid if you are supercharged.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i believe that pulleys will only aid if you are supercharged.
They have pulleys for N/A engines

See....

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToyXR.htm
Old 06-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #13

oh cool. i only thought they made them for forced induction engines.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh cool. i only thought they made them for forced induction engines.
But I just don't know if you get much gain out of them.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But I just don't know if you get much gain out of them.
They reduce the parasitic drag created from turning other components. Not a big gain, and it comes at the expense of underdriving you alternator, water pump, etc....
Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #16

so what your saying is that, the implication of this pully may give you a little better result, but it will make your trucks important componets not operate well?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
They reduce the parasitic drag created from turning other components. Not a big gain, and it comes at the expense of underdriving you alternator, water pump, etc....
So... I'm leaning towards not worth it then?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
so what your saying is that, the implication of this pully may give you a little better result, but it will make your trucks important componets not operate well?
They will spin at lower revolutions......Yes.....They will not perform as designed.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #19

Quote:
So... I'm leaning towards not worth it then?
unless your supercharged
Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #20

Quote:
unless your supercharged
Even then, Its underdriving your components. Personally, I dont think they are worth it for a couple extra hp.