Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Flowmaster Rust?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #21
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Right on. That would be great.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
heres a few shots of mine...

Old 06-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #24
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Thanks you guys. Nice pics.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #25
john.308 is on a distinguished road
john.308's Tacoma Gallery
Had an older flowmaster and it got so rusty that a couple of the support bars broke off and took chunks of muffler with them. I noticed the holes after i heard a crackling noise when I'd get on the gas. Swapped it with a magnaflow that hasn't rusted and sounds better.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.308 View Post
Had an older flowmaster and it got so rusty that a couple of the support bars broke off and took chunks of muffler with them. I noticed the holes after i heard a crackling noise when I'd get on the gas. Swapped it with a magnaflow that hasn't rusted and sounds better.

Which model did you get? I'm looking for something that isn't loud, but gives it some growl, and remains relatively quiet in the cab. Flowmaster 50 seemed to fit the bill, but the positive things about magnaflow are starting to change my mind.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #28
honestly i'm not sure which flowmaster it was because i bought the truck used and the rust pretty much covered the markings. I always thought that the flowmaster I had was too loud on my truck and it just didn't have a "smooth" growl. The magnaflow sounds better and it still makes plenty of noise when i give it gas.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 AM   #29
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
honestly i'm not sure which flowmaster it was because i bought the truck used and the rust pretty much covered the markings. I always thought that the flowmaster I had was too loud on my truck and it just didn't have a "smooth" growl. The magnaflow sounds better and it still makes plenty of noise when i give it gas.

What size magnaflow did you get? I'm just on the fence, I don't want somethin that's loud in the cab, and not something that is loud outside either. Just enough growl, and when I get on it, up around 3500 rpm's, then I want it to be louder.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTaco View Post
What size magnaflow did you get? I'm just on the fence, I don't want somethin that's loud in the cab, and not something that is loud outside either. Just enough growl, and when I get on it, up around 3500 rpm's, then I want it to be louder.

Sounds like my muffler is basically what your looking for then. I don't know the model off the top of my head but I'll check and post it for you. The old man who runs the shop sold it to me and installed it for $85 out the door so I was pretty happy when it turned out to be exactly the sound I was lookin for.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #31
Quote:
Sounds like my muffler is basically what your looking for then. I don't know the model off the top of my head but I'll check and post it for you. The old man who runs the shop sold it to me and installed it for $85 out the door so I was pretty happy when it turned out to be exactly the sound I was lookin for.
Thanks. I figured if I swap the stock muffler out for a Magnaflow that is the same size, it will be quieter but still have some growl. The stock muffler is 22 inches long, I'll prob go w/ the 22inch/28 overall magnaflow, if that's close to what you have.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #32
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
the 50 series truck/suv flowmaster is what i have and does exactly as you describe.... cruising around its barely noticeable but when you stomp on it it comes to life...