Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

`01 Cat Back Exhaust

Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Smile `01 Cat Back Exhaust

New exhaust sys. arrived today.Inspected all parts& everythings all there,packaged well w/ no damages.Sprayed some foo foo on the o2 sensor nuts to let soak awhile.Kit requires re-using two fastners at flange, but thats not gonna happen,have stainless replacements already.If I`m real ambitious tomorrow after work it should be an easy install,otherwise Saturday.
Let you all know how it goes.I`m a bit computer challenged but maybe I can do an audio clip too.Wait I cant even insert a picture here whats my url address?Help
Old 12-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
Pastry Chef
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Install Complete

Finally installed Gibson Cat-Back system on `01 Tacoma.Sound is much improved and not obnoxiously loud.System took me 4.5 hours from start to finish by myself.O2 sensor had to be surgically removed with a right angle die grinder/cut off wheel,slicing mounting studs just below gasket.Made a trip to hardware store for (2) 1&1/4 x 3/8 bolts,nuts,washers, as originals had to be cut off.Hangers were kind of a booger to get out of the rubber but use spray lube and a sm. screwdriver to get them started.
Factory muffler was not badly restricted due to corosion,as I thought might be possible. Reset M.I.L.
Drove to gas station and filled up,but couldnt tell if performance is improved due to a fresh sheet of ice on the road.Definately sounds better than new.
P.S.-Talked to a computer whiz guy @ work he told me I need to get a homepage set up through ISP to post pictures, I`ll work on that soon.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Register at photobucket.com and upload your pics and vids there and you can link to them from here.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
P.S.-Talked to a computer whiz guy @ work he told me I need to get a homepage set up through ISP to post pictures, I`ll work on that soon.
Post your photos in your gallery here if you like.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Pastry Chef
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the photos help/tip, I`ll try it tomorrow...My son is buggin me to use the computer to play his Star Wars Game.