LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Intake happiness.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
K&N Intake happiness.

I removed my URD intake and replaced it with new K&N intake and I am ecstatic. The URD didn't seem to give my any real results BUT after installing the new K&N I immediately noticed improved performance. I know, I know, a lot of guys say the don't see anything. I did and I am giddy with it. The tacoma has better/smoother acceleration and she seems to shift better, not to mention that nice sound coming out from under the hood. AWESOME!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
love my K&N glad someone else does too
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
auart is on a distinguished road
Name: ART
auart's Tacoma Gallery
What about Toyota Factory W........

Warranty?
Does installing the K&N air intake mess up or void the Factory Warranty at all?
May sound dumb, but I have a brand new Tacoma and I am very much interested in doing the K&N!

Dang, I am 45 and an overgrown kid, buy a truck and already after a week I am ordering crap to add to it!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
it does not void any warranties, dealer has to prove it was the intake that caused the problem
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
The Green Machine
MiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MiikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by auart View Post
Warranty?
Does installing the K&N air intake mess up or void the Factory Warranty at all?
May sound dumb, but I have a brand new Tacoma and I am very much interested in doing the K&N!

Dang, I am 45 and an overgrown kid, buy a truck and already after a week I am ordering crap to add to it!
its all good man there are tons of people on here that had the kid in them unleashed when they got a tacoma.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Well i decided to join this forum since i just started to modifying my truck a little bit, but i just put a K&N CAI on my tacoma and i love it! I have def noticed increased throttle response and an overall gain in acceleration. I'm not going to start racing but it is def better especially since mine's a stick and i don't have to downshift half way up a big hill anymore haha
Old 06-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
auart's Tacoma Gallery
It would be really cool if someone with one of the K&N CAI, would take some video of the thing, and cranked up and video with sound of how loud it makes the truck, and put on YouTube with a link in one of these threads.
Be nice to see and hear first!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
this was back when i first got my truck. K&N intake and a FM40 muffler (that you can't hear over the intake).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms70aprezz8
Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
//TRD
XR-Ace will become famous soon enough

XR-Ace's Tacoma Gallery
yup i agree k&n intake ftw
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
berso is on a distinguished road

berso's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Maybe this is out of place, but i had a K&N CAI on my good old 95 Dodge RAM, and i do feel some performance increase BUT the damn hat star to crack very soon, i read many other guys have the same problem, so i wan't very happy with K&N quality, i mean i paid like $300 for that s#ity plastic, that doesn't last. Already sold the ram, but i have a similar engine in my jeep, and i buy a e-bay $50 CAI for it wich is made in metal and i think perform as good as th K&N did.

I don't now if this is a problem for the tacoma's K&N CAIs, and i really wan't to get out off warranty before i start adding performance mods to my Taco, but i really hesitate before i buy a K&N CAI ever again....
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't the Toyota Dealers off a Cool Air Intake similar to the K&N, only a few dollars more?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem with the Cold Air pipe bouncing around inside of the box orfice, but fixed it with some sealing foam.

Products Discussed in this Thread