Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Help with K&N Intake

Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
2006_TOY_TACO is on a distinguished road

2006_TOY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Help with K&N Intake

I am looking to get a K&N CAI and I would like to know where to get one to save money. If anyone knows of a good deal on one of these systems then please let me know. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
best thing to do is to look at ebay, craigslist, and basically anywhere online for the lowest price, I find google shopping is a good tool as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
best thing to do is get a CAI that works instead of a K&N
Old 07-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
X2
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Quote:
X2
Don't mind these guys...

I've been running the K&N for a long time now. MAF accuracy is one of the best in the business (at least on mine with a little bit of modding). The unit is good for what it is.

I'm running low-mid 13's with the K&N in the 1/4, and posting some of the fastest MPH's to date (105mph +).
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
//TRD
XR-Ace will become famous soon enough

XR-Ace's Tacoma Gallery
ill sell u mine for 180.
heres a link if u wanna check how it looks
http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...x?Prod=63-9025
Old 07-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-Ace View Post
ill sell u mine for 180.
heres a link if u wanna check how it looks
http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...x?Prod=63-9025
Is it new?
If not how long have to been using it on the truck?
And what is your reason to be selling?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
//TRD
XR-Ace will become famous soon enough

XR-Ace's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_TOY_TACO View Post
Is it new?
If not how long have to been using it on the truck?
And what is your reason to be selling?

it's been on my truck for 7 months. im gonna clean iyt pretty soon with the k&n air intake cleaning kit. the reason i need money or else i would keep it.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-Ace View Post
it's been on my truck for 7 months. im gonna clean iyt pretty soon with the k&n air intake cleaning kit. the reason i need money or else i would keep it.
Okay... I'll let you know by tonight. I don't have the money right this second but maybe my dad could buy it for me and I'll pay him back. I'll let you know via PM. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone dynoed the K&N and found gains?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Has anyone dynoed the K&N and found gains?
More importantly, what are the silica levels in the oil?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
More importantly, what are the silica levels in the oil?
Is that true for CAI's as well as drop ins?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Is that true for CAI's as well as drop ins?
I havent done an oil sample with a K&N CAI, but one of my buddies has, and had the same results I did with the drop in. Silica levels off the chart. Personally, It may not be that big of a deal in an area that doesnt have too much airborne particulates, but out here, its pretty dusty.