Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD supercharger

Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #41
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkMan View Post
I was at a dealer here in Charleston today getting a new bumper bracket and talking about mods with the service manager. I mentioned the trd supercharger and he took me into the warehouse and up the stairs to proudly display a 3.4L supercharger still brand new in the box. It seems nobody wants to pony up the cash for it as its been there since at least he came on two years ago. He said I could have it for dealer cost if I wanted but he had to verify it with his boss. The list is $2800. I have 125k miles on the truck right now, is that too many to be looking at a supercharger without rebuilding anything?
I don't think so....you just got your truck broke in.....
Old 05-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #42
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I had one on my 04 4Runner, and it ran lean, but still incredibly strong, and it was/is much cheaper than the current s/c for the 4.0 (due to the injectors included of course). I would have to disagree with your statement, most definitely worth the money on the 3.4.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #43
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
How is it that a cold air intake can void your warranty but a supercharger will not?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #44
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
How am I not on this thread, Yes do it the supercharger was the best thing I have ever bought for my truck. Sooo worth it and yea.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #45
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota parts are warrantied by Toyota and aftermarket parts are not. If you get a SC from an aftermarket company you will not be covered by Toyota.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #46
quackhead03 is on a distinguished road

Name: cody
quackhead03's Tacoma Gallery
go for it
Old 07-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #47
onsoku is on a distinguished road
Name: onsoku
onsoku's Tacoma Gallery
intake. for super charger.

will a k&n intake. make more horse power with my supercharged 3.4 v6? or is it better to keep the factory air baox and add a stock k&n filter?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #48
estutes is on a distinguished road
estutes's Tacoma Gallery
Talking If you got the money, GO FOR IT!!!

I have a fully loaded 2010 crewcab 4X4 TRD Offroad with the TRD Subercharger. I drove the truck for two weeks before the Supercharger came in and the before and after difference seemed hugh. The is a little more engine noise in the form of supercharge whine when you get on it but I enjoy every bit of it. I have a pretty heavy foot and I'm still getting around 19 mpg (super unleaded only) riding around Houston.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD supercharger-dsc02546.jpg   TRD supercharger-dsc02539.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #49
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkMan View Post
I was at a dealer here in Charleston today getting a new bumper bracket and talking about mods with the service manager. I mentioned the trd supercharger and he took me into the warehouse and up the stairs to proudly display a 3.4L supercharger still brand new in the box. It seems nobody wants to pony up the cash for it as its been there since at least he came on two years ago. He said I could have it for dealer cost if I wanted but he had to verify it with his boss. The list is $2800. I have 125k miles on the truck right now, is that too many to be looking at a supercharger without rebuilding anything?
dang i live in charleston too but if 125k is too many i have 284,000 miles on mine lol
Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #50
toddt is on a distinguished road

Name: todd
toddt's Tacoma Gallery
My truck ran dead even with a 5.7L tundra after i installed the trd s/c. But now i have a 6" lift and 35s, it slowed it down (still faster than stock). Definitely fun upgrade, and you will no longer have to wait for a long clearing when you need to pass somebody.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #51
onsoku's Tacoma Gallery
anybody in taco land know where the best place to have a 2nd gen supercharger rebuilt? please help me find a reputable shop? thanks. onsoku
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #52
onsoku's Tacoma Gallery
trd super charger.

thanks for all you response. i did have it rebuilt at a shop on the mainland.
im short a vacuum hose. i was wondering if any one had a picture of the vacuum hoses off the bypass valve. do i need to use a t with 2 vacuum lines. the bypass valve has to barbs off of it.
thanks for any info. aloha onsoku
Old 08-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #53
wormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to behold

Army: prior:Combat Engineer 21B, 6th Engineer Battalion  Fort Wainwright AK
Name: David
wormfood's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger current purchasing status:

To help others get a feel for pricing on a TRD SC.

My area of course, but still helpful:

Look here.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #55
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post

supercharger,flowmaster 40, trd cai... pretty much about it...a snorkel??? dont know if that would affect it
wow those numbers are way to low for a s/c. You should be around 280ish.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #56
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
wow those numbers are way to low for a s/c. You should be around 280ish.
280 off the engine or to the wheel?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #57
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Whp
Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #58
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post

supercharger,flowmaster 40, trd cai... pretty much about it...a snorkel??? dont know if that would affect it
did you get the ECU changed/updated for the added S/C
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #60
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Dyno-Jets are not a good high quality dyno. It uses a weighted drum (inertia) which the wheels spin to calculate the torque from there all the information is extrapolated so it's not very accurate. Dyno-Dynamics (loaded dyno) which uses a braking system to get more accurate readings,

I suggest finding a different dyno shop with a Dyno Dynamics or Mustang Dyno Setup.