LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Headers and MAF Calibrator installed

Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Headers and MAF Calibrator installed

Well, I must say first of all, that MAF Calibrator was a B

Anyways, late last night, I installed the Doug Thorley LT Headers. Fantastic product. Everything was very straigh forward. You really don't even need the instructions.

Right after that I went into installing the O2 Sim and MAF Calibrator. It was around 3:45 this morning. I read the instructions and told myself I'd do it in the morning.

I woke up all excited. Got busy on it. Took me 1 hour and 13 minutes the first go around. It was throwing a code. Rough Idle. Died on me twice on the highway! (I was on my way to my job interview, so I guess I rushed the install.)

Anyways, when I got home, I looked over my stuff. Surely enough, I forgot to solder two wires. Did that just now, cranked it up and perfect idle and no CEL!

Now I'm on my way to the exhaust shop to get the y pipe and 50 series done.

Thanks for reading. Video may come soon.

Side Notes: Anyone who has basic electrical knoledge and can soder can do the MAF calibrator no problem. To tell you the truth, this is the first thing I've really sodered. Probably wasn't the best idea, but it worked, so I'm happy.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
good stuff man
Old 07-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh yeah by the way, Thanks a bunch Gadget. You rock. You're the man. Cool beans.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Stayed Up Too Late

Well, I stopped by the shop and talked to my exhaust guy. He is quite busy today so we scheduled for Monday. And the price dropped. He says $160-$170.

I can already tell the truck is pulling harder. And I guess throttle responce is better. Little bit faster. Not quite like my Eclipse yet though.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
what all is involved in installing the headers? ive heard they are hard as hell to remove them
Old 07-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
Stayed Up Too Late

I had no prob with the headers. Here is what I did: (after letting it cool down.)

Unbolted front and back of y pipe. Just slide it back out of the way.

Little black brackets are attached the the end of the manifold. 1 bolt on each. Then two bolts at the top of the bracket. Remove the bracket.

6 bolts on each manifold. Relatively easy to remove from top. Manifolds come out the bottom of the truck.

O2 sensors from manifold to headers.

Headers go on from bottom. Pretty easy actually. 6 bolts on each to replace them. Reuses that gasket by the way.

Put bracket back on and bolt it to the end of the headers (Just like manifold)

Bolt up front and back of y pipe. (I bought the crush gaskets from URD)

Plug in all O2 sensors. Make sure your bolts are tight.

All done.

Thats pretty much it man. Check for leaks.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
Stayed Up Too Late

If you need a better description with pics, I could probably throw that together.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

could you pm it to me? cause im looking to buy them here between now and the end of the year
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Stayed Up Too Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
could you pm it to me? cause im looking to buy them here between now and the end of the year

Yeah dude. I'll take some pics tomorrow and send you a more detailed install guide.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #12

thanks man. thatll really help me alot
Old 07-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #13
Stayed Up Too Late

It's all gravy. Anything for a fellow TW member!