Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

P0136 o2 sensor circuit malfunction?

Old 12-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
P0136 o2 sensor circuit malfunction?

I already know this code is downstream heated O2 sensor circuit, low voltage (bank 1 sensor 2). My question is: is there anything I can do before replacing the sensor itself? I'm losing about 45 miles per tank of gas on my fuel economy.

By the way, before anybody jumps me about using the search function, I did.
I came up with nothing useful towards my current problem. If I overlooked it send me a link.
Thanks
Chad
Old 12-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I already know this code is downstream heated O2 sensor circuit, low voltage (bank 1 sensor 2). My question is: is there anything I can do before replacing the sensor itself? I'm losing about 45 miles per tank of gas on my fuel economy.

By the way, before anybody jumps me about using the search function, I did.
I came up with nothing useful towards my current problem. If I overlooked it send me a link.
Thanks
Chad
hate to say it man, but i think your gonna just have to go ahead and replace it. you could try cleaning it, but that will only last a couple of days, then youre back to where ya started.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hate to say it man, but i think your gonna just have to go ahead and replace it. you could try cleaning it, but that will only last a couple of days, then youre back to where ya started.
I wondered, cleaning worked for a TPS sensor problem I had.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I wondered, cleaning worked for a TPS sensor problem I had.
i say try cleaning it then....cant really hurt anything bro!!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i say try cleaning it then....cant really hurt anything bro!!
Think i will, I'll post any successes or failures.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #6
SNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really niceSNIPES is just really nice
SNIPES's Tacoma Gallery
My 04 with the 2.7 motor keeps popping this code as well. I was told it could be the 02 or the catalytic.....Did cleaning your o2 help? What should I expect to pay for a new one if needed?
Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
incase anyone is interested i have a NIB o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 (actually called an air/fuel sensor). i am dealing with the same problem on my 02 DC and ended up with 2 of the sensors.

off rockauto.com (cheapest place i have found) these sell for $155 shipped and i'll sell it or $125 shipped

if you guys send me a link to anywhere else that is selling them for cheaper i'll give you a deall on that price instead
Old 02-01-2009, 05:21 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPES View Post
My 04 with the 2.7 motor keeps popping this code as well. I was told it could be the 02 or the catalytic.....Did cleaning your o2 help? What should I expect to pay for a new one if needed?
Thanks
Generally, cleaning the sensor does nothing. There is a heater inside the sensor that fails. Sensor replacement is the only option.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
Mr.Luder is on a distinguished road
Mr.Luder's Tacoma Gallery
i am having this problem as well. i took my 02 2.4 to toyota and apperently, there is a tsb out for this concern. they replaced the ecm and cleared the code. I picked up the truck today and the light came back on. I really hope it's just the o2 sensor and not a cat because someone stole the cat alittle while back and it was replaced with an aftermarket obd2 compliant cat. If it's the cat, the insurance company is going to be paying the bill again.