Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Racing question

Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Racing question

Hey guys, there is an old racetrack back home on airport property that the local PD uses to train on. I might get a chance to get out there with my tacoma and mess around (just have fun, nothing intense or dangerous).

I have never done anything like this so I was hoping for some tips from you drag racers. Does 4x4 help with take off, and if so what should I avoid in using it? Any other tips?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Stay in 2wd. 4hi is mostly used in a stright line, and if supercharged, or wet surface.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Hey guys, there is an old racetrack back home on airport property that the local PD uses to train on. I might get a chance to get out there with my tacoma and mess around (just have fun, nothing intense or dangerous).

I have never done anything like this so I was hoping for some tips from you drag racers. Does 4x4 help with take off, and if so what should I avoid in using it? Any other tips?
go to a real track dude. you know where im going with that.

and so you know.....if its asphalt/concrete......DO NOT use 4x4........at all.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
FUN! Go! Just use our head and don't pull lane changes at like 75...or hit anything.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
go to a real track dude. you know where im going with that.

and so you know.....if its asphalt/concrete......DO NOT use 4x4........at all.
Thats what I thought, but I was not sure what the surface of the track is exactly. I am assuming concrete.

Meh I don't really have a desire to go to a track but since I have a hook up I think it could be fun.

Actually now that I look at the satelite photo (track is centered, just south of the runway), I am not sure what the track surface is.
Racing question-track-2.jpg

Racing question-track.jpg
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Thats what I thought, but I was not sure what the surface of the track is exactly. I am assuming concrete.

Meh I don't really have a desire to go to a track but since I have a hook up I think it could be fun.

Actually now that I look at the satelite photo (track is centered, just south of the runway), I am not sure what the track surface is.
Attachment 29885

Attachment 29886
i am guessing its concrete....most are.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
ps, you can see my house in the zoomed out pic :P