Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Open Headers...Sic!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Open Headers...Sic!

Found this on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8unIWA4PYOQ
Old 07-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
The smog techs. love that guy!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Actually sounds somewhat decent. Too bad it's illegal.
Gotta love those tree huggers at emissions...lol
Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Hard to say....most digital cameras and camcorders capture the mids and highs but neglect the bass....this makes listening to sound clips online an exercise in guesstimating. I have yet to hear a TRD Exhaust soundclip in the web that sounds remotely similar to my TRD catback.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I can vouch for the sound. Its really not that bad.

I crunk ( is that how you spell it) mine up just the other day when I was installing the headers. It was pretty sic!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3.4L and when I installed my doug thorley's had to drive it to the shop to get a few things welded. My wife wanted to stay in the garage when I started it. Apparently she didn't believe me when I said it would be loud. She was so mad that I spent over 600 to make it sound like that. I had to explain that it wasn't finished yet. If it were legal I would have open headers.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds sick.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Too bad it's illegal.
Funny that you say that it is also illegal in most states to remove working catalytic convertors from your vehicle, but people still run DTLT.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
I have a 3.4L and when I installed my doug thorley's had to drive it to the shop to get a few things welded. My wife wanted to stay in the garage when I started it. Apparently she didn't believe me when I said it would be loud. She was so mad that I spent over 600 to make it sound like that. I had to explain that it wasn't finished yet. If it were legal I would have open headers.
How do like your Headers? Was the Install a PITA?
Im just wondering, bc Im about to Install some TRD Headers.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #13

I guess it's only illegal if you get caught lol
Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #14
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
How do like your Headers? Was the Install a PITA?
Im just wondering, bc Im about to Install some TRD Headers.
It was fairly easy, I had no studs break. Soak your studs and nuts (no comments on that please) with pb blaster everyday for a week before. It helps. I did mine while I was changing the clutch though so I had a lot more access. Remember to use all angles to get to everything. I had to take that protective cardboard on the inside of the wheel well off to get to the driver's side manifold studs. The passenger side was very easy though.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Cool, thanks for the advise! I will make sure to soak all nuts and bolts. I hope my Install goes smooth.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #16
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tussery View Post
Funny that you say that it is also illegal in most states to remove working catalytic convertors from your vehicle, but people still run DTLT.
True, but this calls a little more attention to the fact that you are running open header.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
^^^ Cool, thanks for the advise! I will make sure to soak all nuts and bolts. I hope my Install goes smooth.
And when it gets real frustrating take five and grab a beer. I always try to break projects into little mini projects so they don't seem so hard. an air ratchet would be nice if you have a compressor. there were a few annoying bolts that went 1/8 turn at a time.