Notices

The Perils of Drinking at an Exhaust Shop

Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
The Perils of Drinking at an Exhaust Shop

hanging out at the muffler/brake shop where i always get all of my work done at today...had a few beers...and i drove away with a taco twice as loud as it was when i got there lol. For those of you who don't know what i had before, i removed the two rear catalytic converters, threw on a 16" long glasspack tube and turned the exhaust so that it exits just before the passenger side rear wheel. Well when i had some beer in me today i said "hey, screw it lets cut off that glasspack" so we did, and just replaced it with piping...my taco literally has a "straight-pipe" exhaust, and if you've seen my exhaust clip videos on youtube, think about that, but meaner, deeper, and twice as loud. The exhaust tone actually rattles empty tea cans in the cupholders and resonates throughout the cab like howitzer shells landing on the sidewalks as i drive by.

I own the loudest Tacoma in all the land, including tacomaworld. Any challengers? If not, where are my free goodies tcbob, don't i get a prize for shortening the lifespan of my hearing for you guys to get a good laugh??

i'll try to get a couple new sound clips up soon
Old 12-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
LL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the roughLL7 is a jewel in the rough
LL7's Tacoma Gallery
I foresee a post whining about how the cops are pigs for ticketing you over your "not so loud" truck. Then the claims of unfair emissions laws will come because of the cost of putting the cats back on. Hope you saved them.

Why would you do this?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post

I own the loudest Tacoma in all the land, including tacomaworld. Any challengers? If not, where are my free goodies tcbob, don't i get a prize for shortening the lifespan of my hearing for you guys to get a good laugh??

i'll try to get a couple new sound clips up soon
glad you like it i have never been crazy about pipes on a v6
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL7 View Post
I foresee a post whining about how the cops are pigs for ticketing you over your "not so loud" truck. Then the claims of unfair emissions laws will come because of the cost of putting the cats back on. Hope you saved them.

Why would you do this?
haha, i like the comment about the "not so loud" truck

Somehow i dont think i would like to drive around like that all the time....
Old 12-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why would you do this?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #7
Bluestreak is on a distinguished road

Bluestreak's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, but we did it with v8 camaros, and novas, not a v6 toyota. and we didnt rattle tea cans, i rattled windows and houses!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #8

Quote:

Why would you do this?
first off, my exhaust has gotten me out of more speeding tickets than i can think of...second, i obviously keep it quiet around cops and at night, and third, emissions testing here consists of an OBD2 scan and no visual inspection. since the 4 o2 sensors are before and after the first pair of converters, i don't have any CEL codes form missing the two cats. Fourth and foremost, IF and only if for whatever reason they wouldn't let me pass emissions, i just go back to my shop and throw on a pair of cats, test, and then take them back off. i also still have the entire original toyota exhaust. nothing i have done is permanent if i don't want it to be. case closed

p.s. i ordered a 30" glasspack tube that will be put on next week, and in the spring i'm going to install an electric exhaust dump so i can have it "kinda loud" or "really loud" whenever i please.

don't call me a whiner before you know the whole story behind everything bro, i take responsibility for my actions and i'm not just some little b!tch that whines and complains when something that i did has negative repercussions.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
glad you like it i have never been crazy about pipes on a v6
the very first muffler i tried out was a 40 series flowmaster 2 chamber, and it sounded very tinny, basically like a coffee can would. i had the 16" glasspack on up until yesterday, and it sounded pretty cool but it got very raspy in the upper rpms. "straight-piping" it was just something to keep me giggling for now until i get the 30" tube that i ordered yesterday, which should be a nice deep growl, without so much of the rasp that the shorter tube had...but we'll see. it's sort of trial and error, just playing around to find the best sound
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
haha, i like the comment about the "not so loud" truck

Somehow i dont think i would like to drive around like that all the time....
yea it was "not so loud" before, and now it's just loud. i'll tell ya what tho, it makes me drive a hell of a lot slower because of how noisy it is lol...it actually sounds pretty good with no muffler at all, which surprised me quite a bit...and i actually like how loud it is right now. haven't had it on the highway yet tho, and before with the glasspack on there it was a steady hum that was a little less than irritating...but i'd imagine with this set-up, it'll be very very annoying at highway speeds...when i get the 30" tube put on, it should be more of the street sound that i want, but i will also get an exhaust cutout so i can have that raw toyota sound when i want to
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
yeah, but we did it with v8 camaros, and novas, not a v6 toyota. and we didnt rattle tea cans, i rattled windows and houses!
hey my 96 cobra rattled plenty of everything, i had the exhaust dumped on that too and that one actually sounded damn good
Old 12-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
He's a kid... was there ever a reason for half the crap we did when we were his age??
THANK YOU haha, let me be stupid and i'll let you guys laugh at me, deal?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #13

oh yea, i forgot to post a pic of my interior. i made a few cosmetic mods, ya like it??
Attached Thumbnails
The Perils of Drinking at an Exhaust Shop-truckpit.jpg  
Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #14
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought that deal was already in place, just unspoken, cause I've been laughing for quite a while...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #15
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
first off, my exhaust has gotten me out of more speeding tickets than i can think of...
How exactly has it "gotten you out of" tickets? Not trashing, but just wondering how it went down...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
first off, my exhaust has gotten me out of more speeding tickets than i can think of...second, i obviously keep it quiet around cops and at night, and third, emissions testing here consists of an OBD2 scan and no visual inspection. since the 4 o2 sensors are before and after the first pair of converters, i don't have any CEL codes form missing the two cats. Fourth and foremost, IF and only if for whatever reason they wouldn't let me pass emissions, i just go back to my shop and throw on a pair of cats, test, and then take them back off. i also still have the entire original toyota exhaust. nothing i have done is permanent if i don't want it to be. case closed

p.s. i ordered a 30" glasspack tube that will be put on next week, and in the spring i'm going to install an electric exhaust dump so i can have it "kinda loud" or "really loud" whenever i please.

don't call me a whiner before you know the whole story behind everything bro, i take responsibility for my actions and i'm not just some little b!tch that whines and complains when something that i did has negative repercussions.

tell us how you REALLY feel!!! its all good bro...we were all young once. besides...its your ride, do with it what you may, and have fun with it!

i dont think you will be getting lost at the spring meet dude.....you will definitely be the loudest one there!!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
boser65 is on a distinguished road
boser65's Tacoma Gallery
So, has your fuel economy improved since making the exhaust modifications?

Old 12-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #18
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Deal !! I am glad you do what you do, Drive on friend !
Old 12-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #19
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm going to install an electric exhaust dump so i can have it "kinda loud" or "really loud" whenever i please.
Be careful...I heard that these have tendancy to leak after a short while...

just what i was told...
Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #20
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
turdtaco,

i think it's AWESOME!!!!! i cant wait to hear some sound clips. here in houston they are really strict on emisions so i gotta keep it legal, but i def. want to add an exhaust system, they loudest i can.

i had straight pipes with glasspacks on my 72 monte carlo and it sounded great, the pipes on my v-star sound about as good as your gonna get with a metric bike.... my point is the louder the better!!!!!! never heard a car, truck, bike, boat, etc too loud!!!!!! way to go man....

now post some sound clips up so i can do mine!!!!