Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

what a rip!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
what a rip!

Went down to the stealership today to pic up my exhaust manifold gaskets, and they were 70 bucks! holy crap, I didnt think it would be that much.

Well atleast I got everything I need now to do the install of my Headers.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Went down to the stealership today to pic up my exhaust manifold gaskets, and they were 70 bucks! holy crap, I didnt think it would be that much.

Well atleast I got everything I need now to do the install of my Headers.
modifications = $$$....most o the time anyway....unless its in the cheap mods thread!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
thats not bad at all
i realize this is apples to oranges, but i work at a mack truck dealership and an exhaust manifold reseal will run you around $800 in parts alone
Old 07-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Holly Cow! That seems like a lot to me.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Well like I said apples to oranges, I'm not sure how the gaskets alone would codt but to do the whole thing is extremely pricey.

Btw ever taco why wouldn't you have gone to aftermarket gaskets like felpro or something? Prolly a lot cheaper
Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
well I got TRD Headers, and everyone told me that OEM gaskets will work the best, better then any after market ones. Chris4x4 has never had leaks when using OEM.
thats why...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its worth the price. I Promise! Nothing worse than installing headers with $15.00 gaskets only to hear "tick tick tick tick" after installing.

Also, Get some Copper RTV and when installing th egaskets, give a light coating on each side, as well as the header flange.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
For my 4 banger I got them from trdparts4u.com for $28. Not sure what the V6s run
Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its worth the price. I Promise! Nothing worse than installing headers with $15.00 gaskets only to hear "tick tick tick tick" after installing.

Also, Get some Copper RTV and when installing th egaskets, give a light coating on each side, as well as the header flange.
Yeah, I picked up some of the High Temp RTV, and will make sure to use it.