Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler or a catback?

Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Muffler or a catback?

problem solved and here is the final product.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9gI5gxoD94... name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9gI5gxoD94&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
i just got the dual flowmasters 40 series, my installation + parts costed 568 bucks. sounds good, but i got ripped. should be around 300-400 dollars i think. i tried calculating my parts and that ish came out to like 300 dollars, i prolly got charged like 200 bucks for the installation, which is total bs. shoulda went to the other exhaust place. gg for me not doing my research. just research your local shops. and get quotes from them.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:14 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Get a catback kit and install it yourself. It's a piece of cake.

I got the Flowmaster dual exit catback kit (#17432) w/ 50 series muffler. My husband and I installed it. I think I paid like $340 for the kit.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
thank you very much for your input
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
catback will actually yield some gains on a dyno, while a muffler just uses your same stock pipeing to get better sound. the inlet and outlet shoul be 2.5 inch for our trucks. anything bigger can screw up an engine thats not turboed or S/C
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #6

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but on autopartswarehouse.com it says that the only flowmasters I can buy for my truck are 2.25/2.25.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #7

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
just went to performance muffler and they put on a flowmaster and installed it for 130$
Old 07-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
just went to performance muffler and they put on a flowmaster and installed it for 130$
good deal...........alot cheaper than a catback....essentially the same thing too.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #9

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
yup, ill upload a sound clip sometime in the near future