1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cherrybomb dual 4.0 kit flowmaster muffler

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by sr5boy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Jul 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    sr5boy

sr5boy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tallahassee florida
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4
    demudflapped, debadged, relocated the 7-pin, 3'' fatbobs garage lift in front
    So hears the plan, Im gonna buy the Cherrybomb dual exhaust kit, since its the cheapest, and replace the muffler with a flowmaster 40 single in/Dual out. I hear that the cherrybomb mufflers sound like poop but i was wondering if the piping and tips are any good. If anyone is running anything similar let me know. Also if anyone has a cherrybomb extreme on a 4.0 i would like to hear how it sounds. Thanks

2. Jul 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Tips shouldn't change the sound, and for what you'll probably spend on a branded tube, you could get at an exhaust shop for 50% of the price.

3. Jul 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    sr5boy

Member:
    tallahassee florida
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4
    what do you mean by branded tube? do you mean an exhaust with a name brand behind it?

4. Jul 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Yes.

5. Jul 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    sr5boy

Member:
    tallahassee florida
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4
    so if I go to the muffler guy they could hook me up with dual exhaust for alot cheaper than if I installed a branded tube?

6. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Geez, It will be hard to miss you on the road. I would definatly like to hear this setup. I'm curious what decibles it runs at.

7. Jul 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    sr5boy

Member:
    tallahassee florida
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4
    haha yeah i think that ive decided to get it done custom at mighty muffler. the dude said he could install a flowmaster 40 knock off single in/dual out with 3.5'' tips for about 370$. He also said that he could remove the rear cats but im gonna wait and see how it sounds before i get them removed.

8. Jul 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    JoeSchmuck

JoeSchmuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 2x4 O.R., Timberline Green
    Pop & Lock, Access LE Rollup Cover, Alpine PDX-5 Amp, Image Dynamics CS-6/CX-6 & 10" Sub
    Is that legal in FL? I thought that was a federal thing and if your truck came from the factory with it, you can't remove it. And of course you will do what you want but I think that's the legal answer so I don't know why this guy at this shop would tell you he would remove the cat. Sounds like he's looking to loose his job, unless I'm wrong. And it doesn't matter if there is or isn't emissions testing in your state.

Products Discussed in

To Top