1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing Headers?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by ETaco23, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 16, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Yeah, I just am not looking forward to doing it. Its really tight under there! Im still undecided if I want to attemp It.

Screw it! Im doen it!!!! :) first im ganna soak the nuts and bolts with PB blaster for a few days, then probably start on it next weekend, I was gannna do it this weekend, but I would like to get more PB blaster on them. Should I just try it out, with only spraying them down 3 maybe 4 times with PB?

2. Jul 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I think Im verry lucky! Ive been spraying down my nuts and bolts on my Headers with PB blaster, and they verry good, not much rust or anything on them. So I hope they come off nicely.

3. Jul 20, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    Mine were not very rusty either. And the exhaust manifold didn't even have surface rust on it.

4. Jul 20, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    cool! should make my job alot easier! :)

I didnt have time to do the install Saturday, so I will probably start on it this weekend.

5. Jul 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    well I finally decided to just have my local shop do the Install. I dont want to attempt it, and plus these guys will do excellent work, Plus the only time I can work on it is the weekends, and of course there shop isnt open on weekends to get my welding done. So I will be saving up for the Install. I'll let ya'll know when It gets done, and how they are...

Products Discussed in

To Top