Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

cold air intake newbie

Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #21
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

This is an interesting topic. I must add to the confusion;

I went and took my 2 week old Tacoma in to the Toyota Dealership to have a Borla Cat Back installed. Dealer went out of their way to also install a Borla Drop in air filter. Only reason I found out was because the next day I opened the filter box, to take the gasket off of the stock filter, to utilize for my AIRAID that I was about to install.

Point trying to make is, why would they install a drop in filter into my vehicle that needs to be oiled and is supposed to possibly damage MAF sensor and or void warranty

All comments about this or AIRAID being bad for 2nd Gen Tacoma are more than appreciated.

Thanks...
Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborWhaler View Post
I also see the the warning about Warranty Void issues. Isn't the TRD cold air intake system a Toyota part?? Why would you have a Warranty problem?
First of all if the stealership trys to pull that S#!$ then look at this page, granted it is K&N but the basics do still apply. http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm This will give you enough information to fight the man if need be.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #23
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o and i am putting a cai (Xdi True Flow) on my truck this week and i am due for my 5000 mile service... believe me i am expecting an earful but i doubt it will be any problems. Hopefully
Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
First of all if the stealership trys to pull that S#!$ then look at this page, granted it is K&N but the basics do still apply. http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm This will give you enough information to fight the man if need be.
Thats some good shit. I will look around to see if AIRAID backs their product like that. But in the end they are mostly all the same. Just diff set ups an all. What i like best about a CAI is the nice throttle sound and maybe couple ponies at the wheel. What some fail to realize is that the HP gains posted on most advertisements are not w/Intake on bone stock Veh. No way you're getting 15HP at the wheel with just a filter.

But you got to love the grawl!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #25
Blinking Car Mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Thats some good shit. I will look around to see if AIRAID backs their product like that. But in the end they are mostly all the same. Just diff set ups an all. What i like best about a CAI is the nice throttle sound and maybe couple ponies at the wheel. What some fail to realize is that the HP gains posted on most advertisements are not w/Intake on bone stock Veh. No way you're getting 15HP at the wheel with just a filter.

But you got to love the grawl!!!
i know K&N has one of the best warranty programs out there for CAI and i bet Airaid might too but you would have to contact them. I had a airaid cai and throttle body spacer for my old 99 f 150, and i can say when i had a problem with them not including enough bolts, they were great and responsive about fixing the problem.