1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Track Times

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by NumNutz, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Jul 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    jaxchrisfla

jaxchrisfla Well-Known Member

Member:
    flooriduh
    lots
    well being in MD, your possibly going to one of the best tracks in the country for DA. But dont forget, its really hot out these days, and usually humidity goes up at night time, at least hear it does. And humidity is a killer on you ecu's readings.

bigger tires also slow you down. with the mods you have, you should definitely have over a 87mph trap. should be at least a 90-91.

2. Jul 20, 2009 at 5:39 PM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    my best times are in my sig. Keep in mind I have a 1st gen 3.4L 4x4 and trd package.
    I launch at 4000rpm. I lock the rear dif in 2H and heat the tires up. If I heat them up good enough I can leave at 4000rpm and not spin at all. My next mod is the URD MAF calibrator which I'm hoping will help unlock some extra horses.

3. Jul 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    XrunnIT

XrunnIT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    1GR-GZE X-Runner
    Built Motor by LC Engineering Boosted by TRD
    HP costs money

Don't worry too much man. Conditions play a HUGE roll in times. Back when I was in Vegas and N/A, my fastest E/T was only 15.2 and that was modded (CAI, Headers, Catback). Keep practicing, you'll get it. E/T is more based on driver then HP. :thumbsup:

4. Jul 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz [OP] One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Okay. Thanks everyone.

5. Jul 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Full OME 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Weathertech liners, Toyota bed mat, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's, bedlights and other small stuff.
    I was out of town for a bit, so I was too slow in answering, but you have LOTS of great info here.

Like was said by myself and others here, lots of factors can affect your et. Do 1-2 more runs in the heat- summer then try again in the fall.
    Your et's should drop by 3/10's or so from that alone.

Does your track do test and tunes in the morning? My best et's have always been on Sunday's test and tunes.
    Track opens at 9am and you can run at 10am. Just enough sun to make the track warm and sticky, but not hot enough to make the track temp 130+.- I'm in Fl.
    Nice sticky track with decent air emps and low wind ='s low et's.
    Have fun.
    Dominik

Products Discussed in

To Top