Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Track Times

Old 07-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Track Times

So what are your track times? I know people have posted in different threads but this will pull them all together.

I ran a 15.8 and 15.6 last night. Wasn't to happy with my reaction times but first time at the track and was really nervous.

Civic boosting 15 lbs

Golf boosting 21 lbs
Old 07-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Hey SolCol, what RPM were you launching at. If I recall correctly your 0-60 was about 6.2 sec a while back. Just figured you would be laying down a bit quicker trap times...

Oh And tire size will make a big diff..

Just curious...
Old 07-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
As you may well know, LOTS of factors will hurt your 1/4 times. Headwind, temp, lack of VHT, track prep, elevation, fuel level, length of time in line with moter running- heat soak, etc.
Don't let your times disappoint you. It's freeking July, not the best time for et's anyway. My old stang would vary 4-5 tenths from summer to winter.
Also, don't worry about reaction times. They mean NOTHING unless your bracket racking or racing heads up. THey do not affect your et.

Have fun and good luck.
Dominik
Old 07-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
As you may well know, LOTS of factors will hurt your 1/4 times. Headwind, temp, lack of VHT, track prep, elevation, fuel level, length of time in line with moter running- heat soak, etc.
Don't let your times disappoint you. It's freeking July, not the best time for et's anyway. My old stang would vary 4-5 tenths from summer to winter.
Also, don't worry about reaction times. They mean NOTHING unless your bracket racking or racing heads up. THey do not affect your et.

Have fun and good luck.
Dominik
Very True... Been a while since I've hit the Track.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Hey SolCol, what RPM were you launching at. If I recall correctly your 0-60 was about 6.2 sec a while back. Just figured you would be laying down a bit quicker trap times...

Oh And tire size will make a big diff..

Just curious...
The tires would only hold to 1600k before spinning so I lauched at like 1500. I was really hoping for something faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post

Have fun and good luck.
Dominik
So are you saying if my R/T had been .000 I would have still run a 15.6 theoretically?

Yea I'll try and run again this winter. The track temp was 99 degrees and wait time was about 10 minutes.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
The tires would only hold to 1600k before spinning so I lauched at like 1500. I was really hoping for something faster.

So are you saying if my R/T had been .000 I would have still run a 15.6 theoretically?

Yea I'll try and run again this winter. The track temp was 99 degrees and wait time was about 10 minutes.

1500 is way too low. Next time try to feather it out at about 2500 RPM...
Old 07-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1500 is way too low. Next time try to feather it out at about 2500 RPM...
But the tires started to spin at 1600. Should I launch in 4wd?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Well your enigne is running so it's staying hot. that is the negative affect.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
But the tires started to spin at 1600. Should I launch in 4wd?
There has been talk about launching in 4x4... I played around with it, no tire spin at all, but could not confirm top speeds being I was not on a closed track, LOL...
Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
I don't know too much about drag racing and this is my first time hearing about waiting time. Does it negativly or postively affect your time if you wait longer?

Thanks

Quote:
Well your enigne is running so it's staying hot. that is the negative affect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Oh, but wouldn't you want the oil warmed up.
The higher the water temp the more the engine is going to compensate for it, but to low, and the engine wont be warm enough to make efficient power. between 160-185* is usually a good place to be.

I wouldn't be sitting in the staging lanes with the engine running, especially if you doing it for a/c because it will drip water in the lanes and upset some people. I usually just start the truck and move up, then shut it back off. I usually let the cars in front of me move up a couple times before i even do that. While sitting still with the engine running, its you intake temps that skyrocket, especially in this heat. And it also takes a long time for your oil to cool down, so the oil will be in good temps inbetween runs.

Quote:
There has been talk about launching in 4x4... I played around with it, no tire spin at all, but could not confirm top speeds being I was not on a closed track, LOL...
Launching in 4wd can be done on the track with no problem. Not sure if he is over here, but one of our guys on XRU is launching his in 4wd with a ton of power, and running low 13s.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #14
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Hey jax,

So my reaction time was a 1.044. I was very disappointed with my performance but it was my first time. I ran a 15.6. If my r/t had been .000 does that mean that theortically I would have ran a 14.6?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey jax,

So my reaction time was a 1.044. I was very disappointed with my performance but it was my first time. I ran a 15.6. If my r/t had been .000 does that mean that theortically I would have ran a 14.6?
I don't think so man. Not perfectly sure, but I think the reaction time doesn't affect the et.

I'm looking at your times and I'm disappointed as well. Not saying you did bad, but I thought our trucks were a little faster. My Eclipse ran 14.00 bone stock. And I had a few things added after that.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #16
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
I don't think so man. Not perfectly sure, but I think the reaction time doesn't affect the et.

I'm looking at your times and I'm disappointed as well. Not saying you did bad, but I thought our trucks were a little faster. My Eclipse ran 14.00 bone stock. And I had a few things added after that.
I know

And I have... TRD intake, TRD exhaust, and a URD MAF Sensor Calibrator.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
You lost to a civic and a golf WTF!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I launch at 2500 RPMs and consistently run low 9s...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #20
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
being auto has a big factor in what rpm you can launch at. your torque converter is going to stall up to a certain rpm, and i think a stock auto 1gr's stall is around 1800rpm. thats why you can hold the brakes and gas up to that rpm and then the tires start to spin.