Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

tires to heavy

Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
trp09toc is on a distinguished road
trp09toc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trp09toc
Thumbs down tires to heavy

hey i have a 09 tacoma with 6in procomp lift and toyo open country m/t 35 12.50 E rating and i am putting the second set of wheel bearings on the truck is it possable that the tire is to big if so what tire do think i should put on?

thanks
tim
Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, the TOYO MTs are insanely heavy tires. They're probably 15lbs heavier than any other tire in that size. With that said, it should be easy to find a tire you like, just lighter. But I also agree that they shouldnt be causing that much of a problem. I know there are plenty of people running them without issue. What wheels are you running? A wheel that sticks out a lot is going to put a bunch more stress on everything, and maybe with the heavy tires thats where your issue is coming from.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
or another impressive TSB in the making if wheels are not super wide or have crazy offset.

Oh, it is 4x4 or prerunner? Not sure if that would have any bearing on the bearings tho, lol.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
trp09toc is on a distinguished road
trp09toc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trp09toc
ulta wheels there is 4 3/4 back space on them
procomp told me that is the mimun backspacing put up to 5 is ok but i reall doint want to but another set of wheels