Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Better headers and sticker....

Old 07-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Better headers and sticker....

who in you opinion makes the better headers thorley or JBA?? I'm looking to put a set on my 4 banger in the near future but wanted to see who likes which more and also what's the diff between short and long tubes and do they perform differently?

also where is everyone getting the Tacomaworld stickers from??? i'd love to get one...
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
who in you opinion makes the better headers thorley or JBA?? I'm looking to put a set on my 4 banger in the near future but wanted to see who likes which more and also what's the diff between short and long tubes and do they perform differently?

also where is everyone getting the Tacomaworld stickers from??? i'd love to get one...
X1 I want to know the difference between short and long tubes also. I know the long tubes won't pass inspection in California.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, the compliments help me justify spending all of my money! I got the suspension stuff pretty much nailed down(need some Timbren bumpstops and a ubolt flip kit only), just need to work on some engine performance mods now.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
short tubes are emission legal because they weld up to your existing forward cats (hence, not removing any cats), long tubes remove the front cats and that is why they don't pass emissions. Less gain from short tubes but still an improvement.

EDIT: Oh and for the stickers just send a message to TcBob with your name/address and he will get one sent out to you.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Message from a tech at Doug Thorley:

Most people say that the shorty will give you more bottom end due to retaining a small amount of backpressure. The cons are they are a weld on app versus the long tube which is a bolt on.

Long tubes perform better at high rpm range like when street racing. I am waiting for a reply for the differences they note in acceleration with shorties vs long tubes.