Notices

New exhaust system

Old 07-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
riggsjt will become famous soon enoughriggsjt will become famous soon enough
Navy: SNA - yanking and banking T-45Cs
Name: Jake
riggsjt's Tacoma Gallery
New exhaust system

I am new to the forum and I was wondering what you guys thought about the TRD exhaust? Is it worth the money or should I get a new muffler, and if so what muffler do you have?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
to me....no catback system is worth what they cost, and the gains,if any,are very minimal. i would just go with the muffler of your choice and have it welded in...in place of the stock muffler....alot cheaper and essentially the same thing.

i have a dynomax super turbo muffler, and i like it alot.........actual gains from it, and it isnt annoying.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I've heard a lot of good things about the TRD exhaust. If I were you i'd check out the sound clip thread, and pick the exhaust sound that you like the most, and go that route.

Sound Clip thread --> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...on-thread.html

Here is a sound clip of my exhaust. I love the sound of the Aero Turbine muffler. B

Doug Thorley headers, with an Aero 2525XL muffler clamped in with a turn down, and stock y-pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZ2eiJIIpU
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. A lot of people just say get a muffler (flowmaster, magnaflow or what ever) and have a local shop weld it on. I think the TRD is the same pipe size as stock. You can find it online for about 350. The one benefit is, there won't be any warranty issues with the TRD. That could be nice if you have the extended 7yr 100k plan. The TRD is of nice quality, the thing to look for is any gaps in the welds. A co-worker has it and is very pleased with it. No too loud at all but you can def hear it when he gets on the throttle.

You get what you pay for. On a diff car I bought a cheap system and ended up switching it out a few years down the road. I wish I had just dropped a few more buck and got the quality exhaust. Would have been cheaper in the long run.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Been there done that, got the T-Shirt...

Just get the Muffler of your choice: Aero Turbine muffler & Maganaflow, seem to have alot of good feedback. Some prefer FLowmaster.

I have a Borla Catback. And now running DTLT headers, Ive welded in a resonator, and hacked off the tip to dump it right past the axel. So why in the hell did I pay $400-$525 for an Catback that I now changed up

Pay the $100 - $200 on a muffler that provides the sound you are looking for, and put the rest of that money elsewhere.

I learned the hard way

Oh yeah, Xrunnit: Your truck sounds Damn SWEET...
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
edc has a spectacular aura aboutedc has a spectacular aura about

edc's Tacoma Gallery
Got flowmaster 40 and chrome tip of my choice for $140.00 installed.i like the growl on this thing.

Products Discussed in this Thread