Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Functional Hood Scoop?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Functional Hood Scoop?

Hey guys, maybe someone already posted this but is it possible to make the hoodscoop actually functional? If so what do I have to do and is it worth it? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboatdude View Post
Hey guys, maybe someone already posted this but is it possible to make the hoodscoop actually functional? If so what do I have to do and is it worth it? Thanks.
I think if you removed the plastic stopper on the hood scoop it would reverse the effect...You'd have to run your CAI up near the scoop i guess...not sure
Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
there are a few threads about this already....That scoop is a in a low pressure area of the hood and too small/facing the wrong direction to be made truly functional.

It's likely that opening that scoop would cause air to be sucked OUT of the engine compartment- Cooling the engine bay but not providing better charge air.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah pretty much what both said. The scoop is pretty much useless and is just for show. There have been a few who have actually made it functional, but had to do a bunch of mods to get it to work if i remember correctly.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen one on here that had a divertor made that sent the air to the air filter, i wonder if it sucked air away
Old 07-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
Alright thanks guys, sounds like its a no go.