Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Doug Thorley Headers!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
powell0892 is on a distinguished road
powell0892's Tacoma Gallery
Doug Thorley Headers!

Hey guys interested in getting some DLTL's to go with my magnaflow exhaust and was curious where the best price is? Also is it to hard to bolt on yourself? I would have the help of a all around mecanic. And one more thing can someone explain the O2 simulator please im clueless and how to install it. Thanks for any help guys....and gals
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Urd

Lots of info on this flowing around right now, just browse through the Performance Threads.

DTLT's are the way to go...
Old 08-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD has a nice package deal on the DT Long Tube Headers for the 1GR.

Free shipping (CONUS) and a free URD sim.

When you install the long tube headers you remove the front cats. When you do this the ECU will diagnose a failure in the cats and turn on the check engine light and on some trucks, like the FJ you will have a noticeable power loss and MPG loos while the check engine light is on. Does not seem to do this on the Tacoma for some reason.

The URD Rear O2 sim intercepts the signal from the rear O2 sensors and modifies those signals so the ECU will think the cats are thier doing their job. The design we use also lets the ECU use the rear sensors for what it needs to for proper engine management functions. The newer trucks use the rear sensors for things other than just checking the cat and you do not want to interfere with that.

To install it, you wire it into the ECU haress behind the glove box. Tap the power and ground wires, then find the signal wires from the rear sensors and intercept them so the run through the unit and that is all there is to it. It is about a 15 minute install.

G
Old 08-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Banned
bermise will become famous soon enough
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Do you gain low end torque and power with the DTLT's vs stock? I have read that with less back pressure you lose power and torque in low rpms.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Do you gain low end torque and power with the DTLT's vs stock? I have read that with less back pressure you lose power and torque in low rpms.
Back pressure does not have much to do with it. I have had chris4x4 explain to me (and many other people) something called scavaging. Scavaging is what affects power
Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes. and it also depends on your power plant. do you run a v6 or a 4 cyl.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yes. and it also depends on your power plant. do you run a v6 or a 4 cyl.
V6
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
Banned
bermise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Back pressure does not have much to do with it. I have had chris4x4 explain to me (and many other people) something called scavaging. Scavaging is what affects power
I need to do a search on scavaging. I know that when upgrading to a wider diameter on the exhaust pipe, you lose back pressure and you lose low end toruqe. But if you have forced induction, the wider pipes will benefit you.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
scavenging form what i understand is how efficiently our trucks take the power and convert it into energy. so imagine squeezing all the juice out of a lemon. thats the same principal to an extent
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #10
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
URD has a nice package deal on the DT Long Tube Headers for the 1GR.

Free shipping (CONUS) and a free URD sim.

When you install the long tube headers you remove the front cats. When you do this the ECU will diagnose a failure in the cats and turn on the check engine light and on some trucks, like the FJ you will have a noticeable power loss and MPG loos while the check engine light is on. Does not seem to do this on the Tacoma for some reason.

The URD Rear O2 sim intercepts the signal from the rear O2 sensors and modifies those signals so the ECU will think the cats are thier doing their job. The design we use also lets the ECU use the rear sensors for what it needs to for proper engine management functions. The newer trucks use the rear sensors for things other than just checking the cat and you do not want to interfere with that.

To install it, you wire it into the ECU haress behind the glove box. Tap the power and ground wires, then find the signal wires from the rear sensors and intercept them so the run through the unit and that is all there is to it. It is about a 15 minute install.

G

Gadget@URD, I am guessing this sale is over with. I am about to get back from Iraq so I am stockpiling parts to have waiting for me when I get back and that deal sounds sweet.