1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Helix Power Tower

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tacomax, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Dec 24, 2006 at 1:48 PM
    tacomax

tacomax [OP] Member

Member:
    Has anyone purchased and installed the Helix Power Tower on your 05 -07 Tacoma?? any improvments noticed? dislikes?

here is a description of it for fyi

• Adds better throttle response
    • Increases horsepower and torque
    • Improves Fuel Economy

The Helix Power Tower from Street & Performance Electronics raises the throttle body injection unit one inch and adds a unique Helix screw design to create a vortex air flow pattern greatly improving fuel atomization, resulting in more complete combustion. Dyno testing shows up to 20 more horsepower, dramatically increased torque and improved fuel economy. The Helix Power Tower will not adversely affect emissions testing results or the new car warranty. All gaskets and bolts are included, along with step-by-step instructions. Does not work with the K&N Performance Kits.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jan 13, 2007 at 12:58 PM
    Gutie

Gutie Member

Member:
    Yeah I just resently purchased the throttle body spacer from street performance and electronics, and it makes a a little difference... note that I also added an airraid intake system so that helped it accelerate. also it makes that cool little whistle sound when the rpm's raise, and you are about to change gears! The only thing that kinda sucks is that you can't put the engine cover back on. other than that it is a simple 15 min bolt on upgrade for 75 dollars.

3. Jan 13, 2007 at 1:19 PM
    ImInLoveWithMyTruck

ImInLoveWithMyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    "Does not work with K&K Performance Kits"

Does this include a K&K cold air intake or different types of kits?....which I already installed!:eek:

4. Jan 13, 2007 at 3:05 PM
    tacomax

tacomax [OP] Member

Member:

I'm not a 100% sure but I'm guessing they are talking about the K&N 77 Series High-Flow Performance Kit (whichs has the polish aluminum tube)

I myself have the 63 Series Intake Kits or AirCharger Intake (non-metallic molded tube)

K&N does have the 57 series FIPK (Fuel Injection Performance Kits) but not for the Tacoma..

5. Jan 28, 2007 at 10:24 AM
    Andrew83

Andrew83 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner DCSB
    I have the 63 series K&N intake system, is the throttle body spacer worth the money?

6. Jan 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    "unique Helix screw design to create a vortex air flow pattern greatly improving fuel atomization, resulting in more complete combustion"

With regard to the above statement, I don't think there would be much improvement other than creating a larger space to draw air and a couple of HP. In 05' and up Tacos, doesn't the atomization take place before it ever reaches the spacer?

7. Jan 11, 2008 at 11:55 AM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    From what I understand, these things have no benefit at all for fuel injected vehicles. The fuel and air are mixed way past the point that this would help.

Like SteelCity says everything happens in the cylinder head and this mounts out side right behind the throttle body.

On a carburated car, this would have a descent effect, but it's just a paper weight for us!

I've been a dodge owner for a long time and on there forums they have backed it up with Dyno's and it doesn't help one bit..

Products Discussed in

To Top