LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Helix Power Tower

Old 12-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
tacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant future

tacomax's Tacoma Gallery
Helix Power Tower

Has anyone purchased and installed the Helix Power Tower on your 05 -07 Tacoma?? any improvments noticed? dislikes?

here is a description of it for fyi
  • Adds better throttle response
  • Increases horsepower and torque
  • Improves Fuel Economy

The Helix Power Tower from Street & Performance Electronics raises the throttle body injection unit one inch and adds a unique Helix screw design to create a vortex air flow pattern greatly improving fuel atomization, resulting in more complete combustion. Dyno testing shows up to 20 more horsepower, dramatically increased torque and improved fuel economy. The Helix Power Tower will not adversely affect emissions testing results or the new car warranty. All gaskets and bolts are included, along with step-by-step instructions. Does not work with the K&N Performance Kits.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Gutie is on a distinguished road

Gutie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I just resently purchased the throttle body spacer from street performance and electronics, and it makes a a little difference... note that I also added an airraid intake system so that helped it accelerate. also it makes that cool little whistle sound when the rpm's raise, and you are about to change gears! The only thing that kinda sucks is that you can't put the engine cover back on. other than that it is a simple 15 min bolt on upgrade for 75 dollars.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
"Does not work with K&K Performance Kits"

Does this include a K&K cold air intake or different types of kits?....which I already installed!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
tacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant future

tacomax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInLoveWithMyTruck View Post
"Does not work with K&K Performance Kits"

Does this include a K&K cold air intake or different types of kits?....which I already installed!

I'm not a 100% sure but I'm guessing they are talking about the K&N 77 Series High-Flow Performance Kit (whichs has the polish aluminum tube)

I myself have the 63 Series Intake Kits or AirCharger Intake (non-metallic molded tube)

K&N does have the 57 series FIPK (Fuel Injection Performance Kits) but not for the Tacoma..
Old 01-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
Andrew83 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Andrew83's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 63 series K&N intake system, is the throttle body spacer worth the money?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 AM   #6
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
does it work with the volant cai ??
Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Wherever I May Roam
SteelCity will become famous soon enoughSteelCity will become famous soon enough

Navy: Navy Corpsman, LT, FMF (RET), U.S. Marines 4th LSB, Shock-Trauma Platoon
SteelCity's Tacoma Gallery
"unique Helix screw design to create a vortex air flow pattern greatly improving fuel atomization, resulting in more complete combustion"

With regard to the above statement, I don't think there would be much improvement other than creating a larger space to draw air and a couple of HP. In 05' and up Tacos, doesn't the atomization take place before it ever reaches the spacer?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand, these things have no benefit at all for fuel injected vehicles. The fuel and air are mixed way past the point that this would help.

Like SteelCity says everything happens in the cylinder head and this mounts out side right behind the throttle body.

On a carburated car, this would have a descent effect, but it's just a paper weight for us!

I've been a dodge owner for a long time and on there forums they have backed it up with Dyno's and it doesn't help one bit..