LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best oil filter

Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Best oil filter

What do you guys use?

What's the best one out there?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
You just opened a can of worms . Well to best answer your question I would say do a search on oil filters here on TW and then go over to bobistheoilguy.com and read up on some articles over there to formulate your own opinion. I use toyota oem filters just because the price is right. Hope that helps pal
Old 07-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Use K&N cause I like the nut on top of the oil filter and they are $10.95 ea. They seem to be good 4 me so far but everyone has there own preference. I have even used the Fram filters the High grade truck ones for $7.95 but went back to the K&N for the nut.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I have used the following: Fram, purolator, mobile 1, WIX.............etc,etc, etc. As TacoTycoon posted, it's a can of worms. It's like asking what type of music or artist does one like? You are going to get a thousand different answers.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
yeah...bobistheoilguy and testing your own oil with the filters you use is the best way to figure out what is "best"

I happen to like Hanes for boxers...and choosing an oil filter is almost that personal...

Hanes...........Brunes, you're effen nuts!!!! They ride up on me and I hate digger 'em out.

I would also recommend this
Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I happen to like Hanes for boxers...and choosing an oil filter is almost that personal...
Brunes could I use this as possible sig/quote material, all credit given to you of course?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #8

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTycoon View Post
Brunes could I use this as possible sig/quote material, all credit given to you of course?
Just do it!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Hanes...........Brunes, you're effen nuts!!!! They ride up on me and I hate digger 'em out.

I would also recommend this
They are just for days when I'm not freeballin'...You know...Days you need a little extra support.

PS-That link is for an OIL place...not underwear.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #11

Marines:
Quote:
They are just for days when I'm not freeballin'...You know...Days you need a little extra support.

PS-That link is for an OIL place...not underwear.

I hear ya. And the link was for the OP.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Yes another oil filter thread.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Toyota filters made by Denso. Cheap, work great.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
well I to go with Fruit of the Loom. At this point I'm just reasoning that all filters must be pretty close together in terms of performance. I mean, if one was substantially better wouldnt it be known by now?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
For the money, I usually go with a WIX. Great filter and hard to beat.

p.s. You are never going to get a straight answer asking a question like this. You might as well get your darts out.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
For the money, I usually go with a WIX. Great filter and hard to beat.

p.s. You are never going to get a straight answer asking a question like this. You might as well get your darts out.
yea...took little time for me to figure it out...I just went with a Mobil 1 filter, on sale at my local shop with Mobil 1 Synthetic and widely available....
Old 07-29-2009, 05:24 AM   #18

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
yea...took little time for me to figure it out...I just went with a Mobil 1 filter, on sale at my local shop with Mobil 1 Synthetic and widely available....
That's an excellent choice. Just one thing to consider is that replacement or maintenance items like these are usually contracted out and often manufactured (or remanufactured) by the same company(s). The difference is the name attached and particular product specs the buying company wants the manufacturer to hold.

Another question to ponder, Has any one ever heard of a motor failing due to the choice of oil filter?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #20
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
M1-102 mobil 1. If u can afford they run 12 bucks.