Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

flowmaster muffler

Old 07-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
flowmaster muffler

would I be able to run a flowmaster muffler on stock exhaust pipes? Any information is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Thats what I thought just thought I would ask thanks!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
I have done it with the old V6 (3.4L) I had a flowmaster 40 series put in. I thought it sounded nice. I would not recomend any more open (loud) of a muffler. I did get some cab drone with just the muffler on. Go with a 50 series if you want something a little quiter/less drone.
I have since installed headers and removed my cats. The cab drone went away (?) when I did that. Sounds real nice.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yep.....easy install. i had one on the 06 i had.

2.5 inch offset in/center out will do just fine.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 98 2.7l taco. i am wanting exhaust. I have been looking all over the net and can find that the flowmaster 50 series might be the best option. can anyone please make a recommendation. I don't want my truck to drone. i want a nice little note. i would rather leave it stock than have it drone.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraether View Post
i have a 98 2.7l taco. i am wanting exhaust. I have been looking all over the net and can find that the flowmaster 50 series might be the best option. can anyone please make a recommendation. I don't want my truck to drone. i want a nice little note. i would rather leave it stock than have it drone.
flowmaster 50 series should be ok.....little to no drone.......but i think tha dynomax super turbo muffler would sound great on your truck....and you'd get a lil power gain out of it too.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
is it 2.5 or 2.25?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #9
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

i am pretty sure it's 2.25.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #10

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=superturbo

i really am a dyi guy. I am thinin i can just buy the muffler and use some exhause clamps and do it that way.

All diesels come that way, what do you think.

The "Pure Unadulterated POWER" of DynoMax® Super Turbo™ mufflers are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty and exclusive 90-Day Performance & Sound Guarantee™.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thats how i did mine. just used some clamps. but you still might consider getting it welded tho. just for the hell of it
Old 08-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #12

Quote:

i really am a dyi guy. I am thinin i can just buy the muffler and use some exhause clamps and do it that way.

The "Pure Unadulterated POWER" of DynoMax® Super Turbo™ mufflers are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty and exclusive 90-Day Performance & Sound Guarantee™.
damn good muffler....i have one and im very satisfied with it.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I hate exhaust clamps. I used them on my exaust and the first time I hit 4000 rpm the backpressure popped it off and I was running open headers. I took it to a mom and pop exhaust shop and they charged me 65 to weld it in 3 places, fixed another guys weld (a flange) and put a hanger on. For something as simple as a muffler you might not have any problems though. My exhaust work was a little more extensive.