Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Afe Tbs

Old 12-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
AZsurfer13 is on a distinguished road

AZsurfer13's Tacoma Gallery
Afe Tbs

In mid January AFE will be producing Throttle Body Spacers for Tacomas! I am pretty stoked to hear about this. I will definitely be buying one. Anyone else gunna be on that bandwagon?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Waste o' money!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't think a chunk of metal with a hole bored out, placed on the intake is going to do anything for you.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they are a waste of money, the only benefit they offer is the loss of weight from the $20 out of your wallet and the cool sound they make.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
all they do is whistle....save your money for something that will make a difference!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
AZsurfer13 is on a distinguished road

AZsurfer13's Tacoma Gallery
AFE's arent actually supposed to wistle. They are cut differently than the generic ones out there. There are dyno results somewhere, I cannot hunt them down though. I am waiting to get results for my model until I get one. That is also what is good about AFE, they Dyno all their products.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsurfer13 View Post
That is also what is good about AFE, they Dyno all their products.
Has anyone done a dyno run for themselves on a independent dyno? I have a hard time buying what a company claims on the dyno until I see someone do a few pulls without a product and a few pulls with a product on (this goes for all performance products I would consider purchasing). Nothing against the company, I just don't buy what a tbs claims.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'd like to see a personal dyno or an independent, non-partisan, non-influenced dyno done on these TBS.