Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What are aquamist kits?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
What are aquamist kits?

http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPath=172_88

What are these?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
for turboes. they can run higher pressures and such
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The main function of these systems is to suppress detonation caused by high temperature and pressure developed within the combustion chamber when the effective compression ratio has been taken beyond the auto-ignition point by either a turbo or a supercharger.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
XC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The main function of these systems is to suppress detonation caused by high temperature and pressure developed within the combustion chamber when the effective compression ratio has been taken beyond the auto-ignition point by either a turbo or a supercharger.
Chris you sound like a Doctor. "Turbo problems? Add the Aquamist and call me in the morning."
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
They make water injection systems for N/A setups. running a cooler engine is good for any engine (I should think) and If you do a 50/50 water methanol mix you get the same cooling effect plus the added benefit of extra fuel (power). One of these is my next mod. I am going to tune it to help with fuel economy. I haave seen it advertised as a NOS sort of thing also. You push a button and it adds a bunch of this water methanol mixture for a lot of extra power. This is actually how these started. WWII fighter jets needed some extra umph for take-off

Please feel free to correct any wrong info on this post. I have never used one of these before only done research on them with an intent to buy.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC4ME View Post
Chris you sound like a Doctor. "Turbo problems? Add the Aquamist and call me in the morning."
Haha!! All I know is, I don't need one of those!!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
They make water injection systems for N/A setups. running a cooler engine is good for any engine (I should think) and If you do a 50/50 water methanol mix you get the same cooling effect plus the added benefit of extra fuel (power). One of these is my next mod. I am going to tune it to help with fuel economy. I haave seen it advertised as a NOS sort of thing also. You push a button and it adds a bunch of this water methanol mixture for a lot of extra power. This is actually how these started. WWII fighter jets needed some extra umph for take-off

Please feel free to correct any wrong info on this post. I have never used one of these before only done research on them with an intent to buy.
IDK about the NOS sort of effect...It creates a "higher octane" mixture and cools engine temps...but in a non tuned engine the effects will be minimal...In a blown engine or an engine with significant timing your mpg gains might be non-existant....plus I think the systems have to be set to only spray under heavy loading or even WOT....
Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
IDK about the NOS sort of effect...It creates a "higher octane" mixture and cools engine temps...but in a non tuned engine the effects will be minimal...In a blown engine or an engine with significant timing your mpg gains might be non-existant....plus I think the systems have to be set to only spray under heavy loading or even WOT....
X2. Water has the ability to absorb large amounts of heat with little temperature change. On a NA engine, if the intake charge temp is ambient, not alot (if any) gain can be had with a Water/meth injection system. Certainly no "Nos" effect. No2 gives a gain as its intruducing 2 more o2 molecules into the cumbustion chamber, as well as cooling it off. Personally, I think using an water/meth injection on a DD that is not Force Inducted could be hurtfull to the engine. If the water doesnt fully atomize, or condenses in the intake air, you could have some issues.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah like it getting into your engine and hydrolocking it