Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cold Air Intake

Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Why dont you just do the deckplate mod? It works better than any of those *hot* air intakes and costs 4 bucks
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #22
azimm1979 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Staff Sergeant
Name: Adam
azimm1979's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to azimm1979
After reading all the posts, and researching online more, I have decided to go all out and get the TRD Supercharger and TRD Cold Air Intake. I wasnt satisfied with the K&N or Airaid filters. Thanks to everyone for their input.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #23
Jpf8653 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
ANyone have the aem brute force intake? Im leaning towards that one
Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
I would probably stay away from it as its not a cold air intake and is only going to give you a noise and most likely not a noticeable performance increase. Gotta remember the truck comes stock with a cold air intake and this intake is goign to draw in warmer air than the stock
Old 08-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #25
Jpf8653 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
I would probably stay away from it as its not a cold air intake and is only going to give you a noise and most likely not a noticeable performance increase. Gotta remember the truck comes stock with a cold air intake and this intake is goign to draw in warmer air than the stock
That I understand but the stock air box is restricted from what my mechanic told me. He said to run the k&n. But I like the metal tubes better and brute froce is cheaper. As far as sucking engine hot air. There is a shield for blocking heat I figured with that and it points directly towards the hole the stock air box goes to plus ur moving down the road so air is pushing into engine area. Ur may suck some heat but not a huge amount. What that be fair to say?