Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Drive line question.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Looks more and more like I have it too. Part of it was my front brakes which I resolved by adding brake grease but every so often I still get the clunk upon take-off and braking.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Although the slip may not be on the driveshaft itself....

There has to be a SLIP somewhere back there. I haven't looked myself, but I'd be really amazed if it didn't have one. The slip could be at the output of the t-case or within the t-case ?? I'm just guessing based on other vehicles and where the slip was/is.

If the 06's don't have a slip yoke on the driveline, why would the 09's have one unless you're talking about a different cab configuration - which would make the driveshafter shorter or longer than your original one.

In terms of driveline clunk.... While your truck is sitting still (in gear/park). Crawl underneath and grab the rear driveshaft and try to rotate it clockwise or CCW. Does it move at all? If yes - then you have slop in the driveline. That's where your clunk is coming from - not the slip yoke.