Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Not again!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Not again!!!

Damn it! right after I get done fixing one leak, I find another one today! this time its from the one stud that I couldnt get to go in straight, and I kinda figured it would've leak aventually. But now I need to fix this stupid problem! I guess Im ganna have to get it re-tapped. Anyone know what this prosses consist of? Meaning, do you have to take off the Headers to do it?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Its the front lower stud on the drivers side. kinda hard to get to, but I think it can be re-tapped fom the wheel well. I hope!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man.i HATE headers.ive had nothing but problems with them when i did have them.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WOW, man...Im sorry to hear of the issues you have had with this. I have never had an issue with any TRD headers.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #6

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, its probably just bc I did the Install! But I think If I can get this fixed, all will be good! (I hope)

I will talk to my dads buddy machanic who helped me fix my first leak. See if he can maybe do something. Its very small, and you can barely hear it, but I know its there and It will bug me if I dont get it fixed.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
WOW, man...Im sorry to hear of the issues you have had with this. I have never had an issue with any TRD headers.
Yeah.... Well do you think its possible to re-tap the threads with the header still on? I would hate to have to take it off...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Yeah.... Well do you think its possible to re-tap the threads with the header still on? I would hate to have to take it off...
I have done it on water pumps and thermostats, but I havent done it on a header...I dont see why it couldnt be done, though.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, thats what I figured, just wanted to make sure though. Thanks!!!

Man! I really hope this is my last issue with these headers! I dont want to have to be fixing leaks all the time.