Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Its all fixed!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well I dont think its leaking. But It still sounds like it is.

I will check it again later, but If it is still leaking, I think Im ganna have to take it off again and put rtv on the Head side of the gasket. But I just dont understand why it would still be leaking? The new gasket is thicker. Inless the flange isnt flushing up to the head?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #22
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well I dont think its leaking... But it still sounds like it is.

I will check it again later, but I cant see why it would be leaking still, with a new thicker gasket. Maybe the flange isnt flushing up with the head? I just dont know... If it is leaking still I geuss im ganna have to put some rtv on the head side of the gasket.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Well I dont think its leaking... But it still sounds like it is.

I will check it again later, but I cant see why it would be leaking still, with a new thicker gasket. Maybe the flange isnt flushing up with the head? I just dont know... If it is leaking still I geuss im ganna have to put some rtv on the head side of the gasket.
Make sure you are not hearing the normal Ticking associated with the Tacoma engines. As long as you tightened everything up evenly, there should be no leaks..NONE.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #24

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I can hear the ticking. I know that sound.... But when I put my hand down by the header I can feel warm air coming out. Im pretty sure its the exhaust. Inless there's something else on the drivers side blowing warm air.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #25

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
If the flange isnt contacting the head perfectly flush, could this cause a leak?

I dont think its the problem, but maybe?
Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #26
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wish I could see it in person....
Old 08-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #27

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I know! Maybe Im just parranoid and its really ok!
i dont know....
I might take it down to my exhaust shop and get there appinion.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I know! Maybe Im just parranoid and its really ok!
i dont know....
I might take it down to my exhaust shop and get there appinion.
YES! Do that. What you are feeling MAY be from the engine fan...

Old 08-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #29
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
you put your hand by the exhaust, and feel warm air? Hmm wow, and I thought I was anal about stuff..HAHA
Old 08-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #30

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Warm air blowing out! which is more then likely the exhaust...
Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #31

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
YES! Do that. What you are feeling MAY be from the engine fan...

I hope so! I will take it down first thing monday.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #33
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
it stinks your still having problems with this. I hate when things don't go as they should. Just something I have heard but never experienced, maybe chris could chime in. Make sure all of your studs are rust free ( and the nuts too) This can affect torque readings. Not sure if these gaskets are that touchy but its worth a try if you have the manifold off again. Hopefully its just you being paranoid. It seem when something is wrong and makes I noise I hhear it long after its fixed. Try and feel the warm air when your engine is completely cold so as not to confuse it with your fan. Perhaps (I'm not out by my truck to check if this is possible but) take off the belt that runs the fan. Your engine should be ok running cold like that in your driveway. You may not have power steering, brakes, alt, etc. but the truck will run and that way there will be less noise and air moving in the engine bay.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #34

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Im sure its not the fan. I check it when its cold. and the air I feel is still warm.

It really sucks! I hate this crap... I hope my exhaust shop can find something or a solution if it is a leak.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #35

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
it stinks your still having problems with this. I hate when things don't go as they should. Just something I have heard but never experienced, maybe chris could chime in. Make sure all of your studs are rust free ( and the nuts too) This can affect torque readings. Not sure if these gaskets are that touchy but its worth a try if you have the manifold off again. Hopefully its just you being paranoid. It seem when something is wrong and makes I noise I hhear it long after its fixed. Try and feel the warm air when your engine is completely cold so as not to confuse it with your fan. Perhaps (I'm not out by my truck to check if this is possible but) take off the belt that runs the fan. Your engine should be ok running cold like that in your driveway. You may not have power steering, brakes, alt, etc. but the truck will run and that way there will be less noise and air moving in the engine bay.
Hey I was wondering if you hear a raspy hissing sound Inside the cab coming from your headers when eccelerating? It almost sounds like an exhaust leak... Bc thats what I can hear from mine. And thats why I think I have a leak. thanks!