Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dry Filters for TRD CAI

Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Dry Filters for TRD CAI

Im thinking about buying a used one but had some questions that I was hoping you guys could answer

1) Does the TRD CAI draw air from the wheel well like the stock air box or does it draw air from the engine compartment?

2) Is installation possible for car-stupid people like myself?

3) AEM has made a new DRY filter for the TRD CAI, would this new filter and absence of oil affect performance at all?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Im thinking about buying a used one but had some questions that I was hoping you guys could answer

1) Does the TRD CAI draw air from the wheel well like the stock air box or does it draw air from the engine compartment?

2) Is installation possible for car-stupid people like myself?

3) AEM has made a new DRY filter for the TRD CAI, would this new filter and absence of oil affect performance at all?
1 - Yes, it draws air from the wheel well.

2 - Yes, installation is very simple (as long as you can tighten some bolts, nuts, and hose clamps)

3 - I can't speak about AEM filters, but aFe makes dry filters, that have received a lot of good reviews.