TRD S/C and TRD CAI Together

Old 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
azimm1979 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Staff Sergeant
Name: Adam
azimm1979's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to azimm1979
TRD S/C and TRD CAI Together

Question: Does anyone have the TRD Supercharger and the TRD Cold Air Intake mounted together on their Tacoma? I just had the dealership install the S/C on my 09 DC 4x4, and I dont know if I want to add the TRD CAI. What do you think?

Another question: If you have both, are there any additional add-on's you need? I think i remember the technician saying that the CAI wouldnt do much good because it wouldnt push any more air into the S/C than the factory air intake does. Any comments on this?

I'm not really mechanically savvy, so any thoughts would be helpful, thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
The TRD CAI will really wake up the blower. Both in sound and performance. It is a highly recommended mod.

A CAI doesn't "push" more air in. That technician probably didn't have a clue to what he was talking about.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
P. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to beholdP. Bauer is a splendid one to behold

P. Bauer's Tacoma Gallery
I have both the TRD S/C and the CAI. I installed the CAI prior to getting the S/C. I took my truck to the dealer for them to flash the ECU (I did the S/C install) and they told me the CAI may cause the truck to run lean. The FJ Cruiser had new code that allowed to run the CAI, but they didn't have it for the Tacoma yet. Odd, same engine, same transmission, different software.

Oh well, no issues to date with the exception of my cats giving a code, replaced under Emissions Warranty.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it is exactly the same engine, seems like I saw here the HP rating was different for the FJ than the Taco. I think the FJ is slightly detuned compared to a Taco 4.0