Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Install DT Long Tube Headers

Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #21
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I borrowed the O2 wrench from a friend.

Sorry, I don't know where to get one. Maybe like O'Riely's or something. however you spell it.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #23
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Mine were stripped from the factory. There is no aftermarket opinion so you have to go through the stealership so if you can't re-tap them it's gonna be another 250 for a new sensor. It will not be covered under warranty.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #25
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG26 View Post
what is re-tapping
When you strip threads re-tapping is the art of making me threads out of the metal that is left.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #26
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
Name: Steve
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I thought is there any special tools too retap
Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what I thought is there any special tools too retap
You need what is called a tap. To be honest I don't know much about it. Like I said I had mine professionally installed but you need a tap. Other's could answer this question better than I can.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #29
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
Going to install my long tubes tomorrow was wondering what a good lube to break the bolts loose on the stock headers and O2 sensors. Would PB Blaster be a good one?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #30
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going to install my long tubes tomorrow was wondering what a good lube to break the bolts loose on the stock headers and O2 sensors. Would PB Blaster be a good one?
PB blaster is awesome for the headers. Just start dowsing them today in it.

Trust me on this, I should post the pics of my bent bolts from them being so frozen
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #32
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah is this safe to put on the o2 sensors. PB blaster
Old 08-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #33
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh yeah is this safe to put on the o2 sensors. PB blaster
No idea. I didn't have to deal with sensors on mine, hopefully someone else can help you out with that
Old 08-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
I am starting to take the stock headers off but I am having some trouble getting the nuts off the bottom of the headers. Is there any tricks that I need too know.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #35
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am starting to take the stock headers off but I am having some trouble getting the nuts off the bottom of the headers. Is there any tricks that I need too know.
WD40 is your friend. If you fuck up your screwed and don't have a truck. I had mine done professionally for this reason.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #36
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
WD40 is your friend. If you fuck up your screwed and don't have a truck. I had mine done professionally for this reason.
Come on, it's not that hard. If you strip a nut, just use a stripped nut remover. Irwin makes a set. Basically has a reverse bite and will remove any stripped nut.

Quote:
If you jack up the truck a little, you might be able to get to them from the wheel well. Allot of funny angles, box wratchet wrenches, and being able to manipulate your hands into small places are a plus
Old 09-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #37
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got some time today and got the long tubes installed. They really make my exhaust sound like an 8 with no rasp. Thanks to all for helping on this thread.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #38
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
I finally got some time today and got the long tubes installed. They really make my exhaust sound like an 8 with no rasp. Thanks to all for helping on this thread.
Congrats....
Old 09-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #39
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
any links where yall got your headers from?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #40
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
if youre coming up to va i can put them on for ya