Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Install DT Long Tube Headers

Old 08-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
Name: Steve
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
Install DT Long Tube Headers

I got my long tubes today from urd. I was wondering if anyone has installed these themselves and how hard or easy were they too install. I would like too save some money and install them myself.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've heard. Its perty easy, and they bolt right up.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
From what I've heard. Its perty easy, and they bolt right up.
They do on the 2.7L but on the 4.0 I think it is a little more complicated and welding required
Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Long tubes are bolt up. I had mine installed professionally.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Long tubes are bolt up. I had mine installed professionally.
I stand corrected! Do you have to weld the 02 sim on?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG26 View Post
How much for them installed prof.
$350

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
I stand corrected! Do you have to weld the 02 sim on?
The O2 sim is wired into the ECU, not a part of the O2 sensor itself.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
$350

The O2 sim is wired into the ECU, not a part of the O2 sensor itself.
Ah got it! Thanks for clarifying that
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where do the o2 sensor go then
If you look in your engine bay and look at your stock headers the O2 sensor is the sorta spark plug looking thing that is coming out of them.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
SMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant futureSMG26 has a brilliant future
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
do you put the o2 sensor back into the new headers or no
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #14
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do you put the o2 sensor back into the new headers or no
Oh yes. lol (Not laughing at you just at all the bad things that would come if you didn't have one)
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
was it easy getting the senors out of the stock headers and the bolts off the stock headers
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #16
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
And it really is a simple job to install yourself. Have a little patience though. I did it myself at night time with just a little shop light. And cranked up open headers around 6 in the morning.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #17
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
was it easy getting the senors out of the stock headers and the bolts off the stock headers

pretty simple. I had an O2 sensor wrench
Old 08-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #19
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As long as your O2 sensors aren't stripped like mine were and you have to tap new threads.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
SMG26's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I am worried about if they will be stripped when I get them out