Notices

Air Locker Question

Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
I'd rather eat dirt
AZ11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shaun
AZ11's Tacoma Gallery
Air Locker Question

I have an 08 PreRunner (2wd) and I'm thinking about getting the ARB air locker. I don't plan on doing any crazy rock crawling or mud bogging but i want to know how the off road capabilities of a 2wd with air locker and a 4wd without rear dif locked compare. I know how awesome the 4X4 is and how some of you with 4X4 like to think nothing compares, but i really need some honest feed back about this before i drop $800+ on an air locker. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
ARB's are an awesome, proven locker. Number one in my book
Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What's there to *question*??

Are you considering trading in your truck for a 4WD?

If no....then definately get the ARB and have fun with it. Definately get professional installation and don't skimp on the quality of the other parts (air source & installation).

If yes..... then I would just get a 4WD. Why? Because honestly? If you're thinking about putting an ARB in your 2WD truck, then you're thinking about tackling the trails. Eventually, you're gonna be kicking yourself to get a 4WD anyway and tackle even more terrain. It's a disease man...I've been there. You live in Arizona and from what I've seen - there's shitloads of trails and stuff out there.
Go 4 the 4WD!! You won't regret it!!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
A good driver in a 2WD with a locker can go anywhere an idiot with 4WD can go.

Remember 2 x 0 = 0 = 4 x 0
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
I'd rather eat dirt
AZ11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shaun
AZ11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replys fellas! When it comes time to buy a new Tacoma, I am going 4x4. I just fell in love with this one at the dealership and I got a serious deal on it. All I've ever owned were 2wd tacos and they've gotten through some crazy stuff for me so feel confident. I'll get the ARB after the OME lift!