Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Seems like Superchargers would need new exhaust system???

Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
August West is on a distinguished road

August West's Tacoma Gallery
Question Seems like Superchargers would need new exhaust system???

I may be out on a limb here but if you're running a supercharger, wouldn't all the extra fuel/air entering the intake necessitate opening up the exhaust to handle the increased outflow? So wouldn't a new header, etc., be required to get the most out of a supercharger? Otherwise, you're looking at a constipated engine, yes?

More in means more out, right?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yes.
^^ this guy knows what he's talking about.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
^^ this guy knows what he's talking about.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a supercharger on my 09 dbl cab 4wd long bed. I was told that there were no headers available for the 4.0L from TRD. If there were aftermarket ones available, would it make that much of a difference over stock. Also, after reading the post on available exhaust systems, incl the sound clips, most sound like a bee with its ass on fire.
What I am looking for is something that will benefit the supercharger without creating high resonates inside the cab. Am I asking for the impossible.
The one thing I did overlook in this installation was the TRD cold air system, which I ordered.
I guess what I looking for is something I can live with, especially on the long trips that we take with this truck. I also use this truck to haul my Solstice long distance on a aluminum trailer to keep the towing weight down.