intake forms

Old 01-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
05TRDSport89 is on a distinguished road
05TRDSport89's Tacoma Gallery
intake forms

i saw a while back mod about removing 2nd airfilter
Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
What's your question? If you do an after market intake (K&N, AEM, TRD) that filter is removed....
Old 01-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
the search button works great. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...r-removal.html
Old 01-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
If you are just going for a replacement high flow element, there is no need to remove the charcoal filter. I do not remember why it is there, EPA or some such, but I would leave it in. If you go with an aftermarket intake, yes, it will gone then.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
If you are just going for a replacement high flow element, there is no need to remove the charcoal filter. I do not remember why it is there, EPA or some such, but I would leave it in. If you go with an aftermarket intake, yes, it will gone then.

I think it has something to do with emissions evaporating out the intake when the engine is off.

I removed mine to get some extra air flow. I noticed a difference, it was free, and I had no intention of spending $200-$300 for an after market intake to get rid of it.

So many people have negative comments about K&N filters and any other oiled filter so a drop in was out for me. I have yet to see an AEM dry filter in drop in form. I might do one of those if I can find one.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I think it has something to do with emissions evaporating out the intake when the engine is off.

I removed mine to get some extra air flow. I noticed a difference, it was free, and I had no intention of spending $200-$300 for an after market intake to get rid of it.

So many people have negative comments about K&N filters and any other oiled filter so a drop in was out for me. I have yet to see an AEM dry filter in drop in form. I might do one of those if I can find one.
on the afe website...look up 2006 tacoma and u'll find a factory replacement dry filter...

this is the info for the v6 version
Part Number: 31-10114
MSRP: $52.06
UPC: 80295931083
Old 01-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
on the afe website...look up 2006 tacoma and u'll find a factory replacement dry filter...

this is the info for the v6 version
Part Number: 31-10114
MSRP: $52.06
UPC: 80295931083

I think maybe I looked there, but the pic of the filter was square like the older model ones so I wasn't sure if it was the right one or not.

Edit: yes... just went there, and the use the same pic for all the filters apparently. That probably threw me off...