LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Gas Mpg

Old 08-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
My AFE CAI actually took away a couple of mpg comparing it to last summer when I ran it, vs. this year stock
Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #22
Tacoma4Life is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Tacoma4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy Question. Why bother to change to an after market exhaust kit when it seems their almost entirely identical to the stock ones, why not just change out the muffler. Wouldn't you get the same performance that way, or are the pipes a different size?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
MRCapps is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: M.R. Capps
MRCapps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve762us View Post
He's showing a 2004 four cylinder model in his info.
OH!!! Well what is leveled anyways?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #24
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCapps View Post
What do you mean leveled? That is really good gas mileage!
I have the Bilstein 5100's on the front of my truck that raised it by about 2 inches so now my truck sits "level" but by doing that it creates more wind resistance= less mpg
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #25
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma4Life View Post
Crazy Question. Why bother to change to an after market exhaust kit when it seems their almost entirely identical to the stock ones, why not just change out the muffler. Wouldn't you get the same performance that way, or are the pipes a different size?

I didn't replace any piping just the muffler, which is a flowmaster 40 and i love it, i didn't really see any improvement in anything really i just like the sound haha. But with something like a magnaflow exhaust kit, it's the same size piping, but the pipes are mandrel bent and overall better quality than the stock tubes, thus the let the exhaust escape smoother and quicker resulting in better performance

I'm going to get a set of Doug Thorley shorty headers around christmas time, and i think i'm going to get my after muffler piping like the cat-back replaced with better mandrel bent stuff but keep my flowmaster