Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Has anybody used Stiegemeier Porting Services for the TRD superchargers?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
VeNoMiZeD is on a distinguished road
VeNoMiZeD's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody used Stiegemeier Porting Services for the TRD superchargers?

Has anybody used Stiegemeier Porting Services for the TRD superchargers? When I had my 03 Cobras these guys were porting the Eaton superchargers that were on the 03 Cobras and getting some nice gains. If I read correctly, the TRD supercharger is from Eaton and was curious if anybody has tried it to get more gains.

http://www.stiegemeier.com/porting.html
Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Would be a good idea, but there isn't much porting to be done on our blowers without risking the structural strength.

I would be VERY interested if it had proven gains on our kit specifically. If you want to be the guinea pig, please keep me informed during the process.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
VeNoMiZeD is on a distinguished road
VeNoMiZeD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Would be a good idea, but there isn't much porting to be done on our blowers without risking the structural strength.

I would be VERY interested if it had proven gains on our kit specifically. If you want to be the guinea pig, please keep me informed during the process.
Wouldn't that be said about the stock Eaton supecharger for the 03 Cobra? They got some really good numbers. I'll see if I can find some info. Anyhow, I emailed them and he responded with:
Quote:
Hey,
* We can definitely get you some power gains with your supercharger through porting, without knowing what additional mods you've performed we can only project that you will see gains in the neighborhood of 7-10%. Naturally any mods to intake and exhaust will only increase your superchargers efficiancy. We can perform a Stage 4 Max port on your TRD unit for $495 + S&H with a 2-3 day turnaround.
Thanks,
* Stieg
I don't have my truck yet. But supercharging is on my list. I don't think I have the balls to try though. Which means I don't have big pockets. LOL
Old 08-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post
Wouldn't that be said about the stock Eaton supecharger for the 03 Cobra? They got some really good numbers. I'll see if I can find some info. Anyhow, I emailed them and he responded with:

I don't have my truck yet. But supercharging is on my list. I don't think I have the balls to try though. Which means I don't have big pockets. LOL
I'm not familiar with the setups on the cobra so I can't say (as far as housing, internal intercooler, or intake runner).

What i do know is the sidewalls on our blowers, especially in the intake runner, dosn't a lot of material to work with.

Did you send him pictures of what our blower looks like? I can get you pics of inside the blower, the full deal if it will help him get a better idea of what he can do.

10% gain for $500 is AWESOME!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Wouldn't they guarantee their work?
I would assume so. I'm more curious to see how much they can actually port. if they can only port a little and increase flow by say 2-3%. IMO that wouldn't be worth the $500 price tag.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I was just thinking, if they ported it to the point where it'd cause failure or malfunction to the unit...and they knew it couldn't hold the correct pressure; not really someone I'd want working on my truck regardless hey?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
The 03/04 cobras s/c had a restrictive outlet. It let to heat build up quickly. They would port out the outlet and temps out drop. with lower intake temps... You know the story from there. I haven't seen the TRD blower kit 1st hand to see if it would help or not.

Dominik
Old 08-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Our housing isn't the same as a traditional mp90 blower. It exits out the side vs the bottom.

I'll see if i can't find some pictures of how the outlet is on ours.