Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Forced Induction and tuning

Old 08-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
sloancallaway is on a distinguished road
Name: Sloan
sloancallaway's Tacoma Gallery
Forced Induction and tuning

Hey Guys I am new to the tacoma world but by no means new to modding vehicals. I am curious as to different options Regarding Forced induction I am familiar to both turbo and supercharged vehicals. I am also curious as to what is being used to the 2009 tacoma with the V6 4.0l what options are available for the trd KIT (LIKE SMALLER PULLEYS, INJECTORS, COOLING ECT) AND WHAT KIND OF GAINS YOU GUYS ARE SEEING. tHANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Check out URDUSA.com and/or PM Gadget@URD on here to get the straightest dope you can about FI and tuning...
Totally Correct!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
with my little gm there is a program on your labtop that you can tune using its called HP tuners is there a program like that for the tacoma where you can tune your stock pcm rather then running a chip or a piggy back system
Old 08-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
The 09 model is going to have the support that the 05-08's have. Toyota changed the ECU a bit. So we can't use the ECU controller that is currently being used for custom tuning for boosted applications.

Here is a quick cheat sheet, i'm sure i'm forgetting some things, let me know and I'll add them.

Options:
Tuning - APR X-1 ECU controller

TRD Supercharger - Eaton MP90 (roots)
Stock boost 6-8lbs, 10lbs+ in summer, haven't seen winter boost numbers with aftermarket pulleys, but should see as high as 12psi.
Comes with:
-425cc Injectors
-Option of ECU reflash from the dealership.
-water to air intercooler & front mount heat exhchanger

Upgrades Available
- APR X-1 Stage I Kit (ECU controller, exhaust timing gears, 170° T-stat)
- lots of pulley options (upper and lower)
- APR 7th injector kit
- APR 668cc e85 injector
- Any CAI
- Exhaust
- Fuel pump upgrade

URD MKII Supercharger - Rotex (centrifugal)
Stock boost of 6-7lbs, pullied up to 9lbs+
Comes with:
- Integrated intake system
- Front mount air to air intercooler
- APR X-1 Stage I Kit
- 670cc Injectors (non e85)
- URD Fuel Pump upgrade

Upgrades Available
- 2 pulley upgrades
- Exhaust
Old 08-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Alright thank you my friend, and that is a pretty fast taco, My little saturn doesnt even run quite that fast... what does your mod list look like man? is that on drag radials?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Street tires, stock pulley.

Basically, TRD S/C, X-1, bolt-ons (I/H/E + 7th inj) and a tune.

I plan on running mid-low 12's this winter. As I have added 3-4lbs of boost. And hope to finally have a set of drag radials

heheheh
Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an older video of my truck in action.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tac...2009-370z.html