Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Airaid cai

Old 09-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
Airaid cai

I noticed that everyone on this site seems to swear by the AFE and K&N CAIs but I never hear anything about AIRAID. I personally have an AIRAID CAI and I love it. I have alot more throttle responsiveness and I get about 1.5 MPG more with this than the stock intake. I also offroad my truck and have found that they way the box is made on the AIRAID it really blocks mud and all the bad stuff from getting in to my engine. I am at work now but will post some pictures later when I get home of it installed on my truck. I also sealed the hole that the stock intake made in the wheel well using rubber gasket material and RTV sealant.

Here is what the intake looks like in the truck

Here are some pictures of how I sealed the whole that the stock intake made in the wheel well so that mud wouldnt get in the intake

Old 09-09-2009, 04:48 AM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good. personally, i have never used anything by airraid. i see alot of their applications for diesels and jeeps but i have tried an airraid. partly because they dont make anything for 4 cyl trucks
Old 09-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
JetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura about
JetTech's Tacoma Gallery
Oh Yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
I noticed that everyoneon this site seems to swear by the AFE and K&N CAIsbut I never hear anything about AIRAID. I personally have an AIRAID CAI and I love it. I have alot more throttle responsiveness and I get about 1.5 MPG more with this than the stock intake. I also offroad my truck and have found that they way the box is made on the AIRAID it really block mud and all the bad stuff from getting in to my engine. I am at work now but will post some pictures later when I get home of it installed on my truck.

I've got the AiRaid and love it!!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
How was installations the pictures seems to be moved
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
SteveT is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Medic
Name: Steve
SteveT's Tacoma Gallery
i just use the airraid intake tube w/oem airbox and noticed a better tone and butt dyno has the acceleration a lot smoother than using the OEM intake.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
BLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
I too have been rockin the airraid and love it!