Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

looking for my next mod

Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
looking for my next mod

hey i have a 2008 trd 4.0 with k&n intake, 1inch throttle body spacer, and catback exhaust looking to add another mod to my truck thinking about headers or some kind of superchip or programmer i'm in iraq so i have plenty of time to decide wanting to know what u guys think wanting to get the most performance for my buck
Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Well headers are the best way to go. Chips dont do alot for our trucks, they may even do worse than they say.

What do you want to do? Lifts, Engine, Cosmetics, etc.

Your talking in a general subject.

Oh and Thank you for your service!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
You can start by getting rid of that throttle body spacer it does absolutely nothing.
Go with headers or get the TRD s/c.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
You can start by getting rid of that throttle body spacer it does absolutely nothing.
x2
Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
^^ Dito.

With the 1GR using the ACIS feature, the air surge tank adjusts the runner length between the intake manifold and the TB, so lengthening it yourself isn't going to help a whole lot

I vote TRD Boost, APR X-1, or some headers.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
^^ Dito.

With the 1GR using the ACIS feature, the air surge tank adjusts the runner length between the intake manifold and the TB, so lengthening it yourself isn't going to help a whole lot

I vote TRD Boost, APR X-1, or some headers.
From the mod master's mouth
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Headers would do you good. A Dynomax muffler will yield some HP gains.

Thank you for your service!
might even get back what the K&N intake lost
Old 09-15-2009, 03:14 AM   #9
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

thanks for the help yeah i'm talking all about performace i want horsepower and better gas milage before i start lifting and tires and what not

would love the trd supercharger thats been my plan but i just cant afford it with the wife and kid and another kid comming army doesnt pay enough lol

think i'm gonna go with headers tho thinking about going with doug thorley longtube does anyone know how loud they are/?? cant have too loud with the kids and all
Old 09-15-2009, 03:32 AM   #10
commander101

Quote:

just wondering how much was ur trd s/c with instalations and all if u installed urself how dificult was it???
Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 AM   #11
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
I want the S/C F'n baaaad!!!! I just seen it at the dealer for just under 3G's installed. I might just buckle down and pinch tight with the spending for awhile and get it but idk. There's so many mods I want. I'm getting DTLT headers tomorrow and installing em this weekend. But I dont got the kids soooo. Bet ya can't wait to get back n that Taco!