LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Power/ fuel system?

Old 10-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Quadcams is on a distinguished road
Quadcams's Tacoma Gallery
Power/ fuel system?

How much power can the std fuel system on the 1GR handle before you have to start to up grade fuel pumps etc?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
The stock injectors are only 295cc, so your not gonna get a lot of power out of that.

The injectors are going to be the first bottle neck. Upgrade those and the rest of the system is good up to over 300rwhp.

Upgrade the injectors and fuel pump, and you can push over 400rwhp. I know of a turbo'd truck on 670cc injectors and a 255lph fuel pump dyno'd over 400rwhp on 35" tires and almost 500lbs of torque.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
If all goes well and I can use the x-one with the TRD s/c,TRD cai, 2.85" pulley, E85 injectors and full exaust, do you think I will need to upgrade the fuel pump with this setup.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 AM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams View Post
If all goes well and I can use the x-one with the TRD s/c,TRD cai, 2.85" pulley, E85 injectors and full exaust, do you think I will need to upgrade the fuel pump with this setup.
I would recommend doing so yes. Having too much fuel, is just enough.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
I would recommend doing so yes. Having too much fuel, is just enough.
Yeh good point, thanks for your help guys.