1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

True Flow XDI Cold Air Intake

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 05PreRunner, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Mar 30, 2008 at 6:03 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    The pics on their website aren't real clear. It looks like it seals up to the fender hole for outside air intake. Anyone confirm? Maybe a better pic?

Thanks.

2. Mar 31, 2008 at 11:01 AM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    it doesn't seal up to the fender, and the metal housing is because it is an inverted style foam filter instead of yer new paper cones.

3. Mar 31, 2008 at 4:14 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Thanks. After digging into the various kits, I'm leaning towards the AFE Si. Specs look better. They're advertising +21ft lbs of torque (insert 3 Tim Allen grunts). Not a bad start for my truck.

4. Mar 31, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Dude, never believe those specs. It's all just advertising. You dont even know what vehicle and what set up they obtained those numbers from. But, if you are happy with everything else about AFE, then I'm sure you will be happy.

I went for looks and sound of intake. I'm happy, and at WOT all others are also impressed...:D

5. Mar 31, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Ya, I usually have the same opinion. In this case they're posted dyno results so I have a little confidence in them. I've also been in touch with their tech support - if they put up with my questions then they can't be too bad.

6. Apr 1, 2008 at 2:30 PM
    Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Active Member

Member:
    Toronto, Ontario. Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4dr TRD Long Box
    XDi Cold Air Intake Pioneer F90BT Husky Floor Liner Coverking Seat covers
    I searched highand low trying to buy one of these True Flow XDI's in Ontario, Canada and ended up calling the manufacturer.

Turns out if you want one of these at this price you better buy now as there is going to be a distributor agreement stating a minum selling price.

I bought one today from www.truckcustomizer.com as I bet they go up $100 bucks in the next couple of weeks.:D

How many Cdn's belong to this site?

Products Discussed in

To Top